stitch regulator not working properly

i can't seem to adjust my stitch regulator to different stitch sizes... the gauge works, the beeps work--it 'seems' to be working properly, but i can't get the stitches to change to a smaller size...

ALSO, another problem: my thread tension is great, but every so often a loop of the top thread appears on the back of the quilt... any suggestions about why this might be happening? thanks for any help!! charla

Hi Charla,

How small on the guage have you gone for stitches per inch? And then have you taken a ruler and measured the stitches per inch to see what you have? As far as the loop here and there, try tightening your top tension maybe a quarter turn to half a turn tighter and see if that won't help. After checking your stitches per inch, you might want to call in on the tech line and speak to one of us and we can look in depth at what is going on. 800-426-7233 ext.6 :)

Take care,

• 2 months later...

ok... back to my stitch length problem... i haven't been able to resolve this issue... i set my gauge at 12 and got 8 stitches per inch; then i set the gauge at 14 and now seem to be getting 10 stitches per inch... again, everything else on the regulator seems to be working fine (i.e., beeps etc)

How old is your machine? If it is new, we calibrate the circuit boards to get a bit under what you set your SPI at - if you set it at 10, you should be getting 9 SPI - then once the machine loosens up, you'll get 10 SPI. If it is much different than that, we may need to walk you through adjusting your circuit boards - if you are consistently getting long stitches. If it is an intermittent problem, then the stitch regulator isn't working correctly, and you may need to adjust your encoders. Please call us at the factory and we can walk you through these adjustments! 800-426-7233 ext 207.

Archived