How would you quilt this?

Very pretty and elegant looking.  I would definitely use a thread that matched the background and carefully stitch close around the outside of each embroidery, and SID everything else.  Then frame each of the embroidery blocks in a small curly type border ( sorry I don't have one of those things to draw on).  Around the phrase blocks, I would maybe do a double line of straight stitching. On those vertical sashings( I can't tell what type of decorative stitch is used there) I would stitch a straight line on either side of the decorative stitch and then feather out on the right and then the left side....you would have a feather split by the decorative stitching. 

Just a hint of info here..I've done SEVERAL embroidered quilts. Do NOT be afraid to stitch onto the embroidered designs. If you Cross Hatch, whatever...there needs to be "some" stitching "inside" the embroidered areas to hold down that portion of the quilt. Without it, in it's use, laundering, etc. the batting in that area will be the first to wad up!  As long as you use matching background thread, it DOES NOT take away from the embroidered design like a lot of people think!

I have a new laptop, and do not have any pics saved on this computer yet, or i'd be posting several I've done for other people.

They ALL stated, they were so glad I either did enhanced stitching in the areas...like...a design in a girls dress....curly swirls in hair...straight lines in pants, etc.

ANYTHING you can do to hold that DOWN.  Or..simply CH thru it ALL!

My 2 cents.

BEAUTIFUL quilt pattern. Would LOVE to know what it's called!

Archived