My DH transitioned into the heavenly kingdom.

Hi, you all.

It is with sadness that I have missed being on the forum for the last couple of months.  My dear husband of 45 years, Joe, had been plagued with COPD and congestive heart failure for the last few years.  He transitioned into the heavenly kingdom on August 21st.  He was in the hospital for three weeks prior to that.  I am not sure what this change will do to my little quilting business.  I quilted because I loved it, and because it allowed me to be in my studio and then in a back bedroom close by if he needed me.  Having George in my studio has challenged me to learn new things about quilting.

I have a yellow brick road quilt in process. I hope to have it completed by the first part of October for our annual church bazaar.  It's a very colorful, happy quilt.  I used a very colorful, very busy, fat quarter collection.  (I don't remember the name of it, I think it was from Moda.)  I plan on calling it Joe's Yellow Brick Road.  It will be put up for auction.

Over the past few months, I feel like I have made friends on these forums and wanted to share my sorrow.

Lillie Spillars

Dear Lillie,

I am so sorry you have lost your Dear Joe. Thankfully he is no longer suffering. I can see you have a wonderful strength in the LORD and he is with you in your sorrow. Making Joe's Yellow Brick Road quilt is a road to living without Joe and will be a triumph of the love you shared together. God Bless you and keep you.

Debbie

Dear Lillie,
Sorry for your loss. So good to know Joe is in heaven, a place more beautiful than we can even imagine. So glad you have this Forum to share with.  Looking forward to seeing Joes' quilt. Until then and forever may the Lord Jesus comfort you Lillie.

So sorry for your loss Lillie. Your post makes me think that you are a strong and sunny personality. How happy Joe will be as he watches you from his place in heaven.  We honor those who have passed before us by living out the rest of our lives in ways that give testament to the love and joy they gave us. Bless you.  Please share pictures of Joe's quilt when you get it finished.  We would love to see it!

Archived