Looking for a used longarm quilting machine

I also have three maybe 4 machines for sale I have a Bernina Patchwork Edition 140 it comes with various feet, Manual and the extra large acrylic extension table Price $500.00 It is a very nice machine.  I also have a Brother PC-8500 sewing/embroidery machine it comes with a few cards the PE-design card reader I'm asking $1000.00 for this one. If anyone is interested please let me know. I'm open to offers. I need to sell some of my machines before my husband will let me buy a quilting machine lol. I also might sell my Brother Quattro 6000D but if i do i am going to ask $6,000.00 for it, it comes with the camera upgrade and the card reader I have to say I love this machine. If anyone is interested please e-mail me at lanquilts@aol.com Thanks :)

I sold my Brother NX800 today so I am a little closer to getting my long arm quilting machine.

Marti:  Any of the APQS machines would be fine.  You need to work out a list of the features you want in your machine, then start looking for one.  I'd recommend that you only consider longarms made by APQS, Gammill, A-1, Nolting, Innova, or Prodigy.  In my opinion any other machine is in a second tier group, and one you will want to replace in the future.  Spend your money on one you will want to keep to start with.  That will save a lot money in the long run.  Only consider models that are true long arms, not streached industrial machines.  APQS doesn't offer a streached model, but Nolting does, and maybe A-1.

If your budget allows you to buy a new machine, study the features of the various manufacturers and models, test them out.  If your budget is modest, consider a used machine.  All these long arms are industrial quality machines that go and go.  They rarely wear, and what does wear can usually be easily repaired.  There are many used machines listed on this forum.  Most of the other manufacturers user group web sites have used machine listings as well.

This forum has a topic listing called "newbe machine buying questions and advise" or something like that.  Go to it, and read all the posts.  Also read the recent post on the "talk about anything" forum called "Millie vs Lenni".  It contains a lot of comments by machine owners regarding features they like and don't like.  It will give you insight on considering machine features.  Don't buy a system that has a table length adjustable feature.  It sounds nice, but it compromises the rigidity of the table, and that is one thing you don't want compromised.  Decide what maximum length table you can fit in the space you have and look for a system with a table that length,  I would recommend at least a 12' table, a 14' one would be even better, but these machines take up a lot of room so you may not be able to fit in one that large.  The space you have needs to be at least 18" longer than the table, and 3' would be much better. Good luck in your search.  Jim

Also, Cathy (ckeindl is her user name, I THINK) just listed an Ulti I just like what I use, and it does everything I need it to do and is an excellent machine.  Someday I will upgrade, but for all I do my Ulti goes to bat and hands me a home run each time.  They are just great, hard working, basic machines.  She has the Intellistitch stitch regulation added which makes it well worth the $6500 she is asking.  There are several other used machines listed on the forum as well, so it seems now is the time for a newbie to get in the market.  Best of luck in your search! :)

Millie & Millenium are the basically the same.

They just started making the white Millie's recently, this year, I think.

The new ones offer 2 bobbin sizes, a bobbin sensor, different controls and a few other new features.

But the silver Milleniums have been being made for a long time.

They are the top of the line machine, biggest throat space &loaded with everything that was available at the time of mfg.

It's a great machine.

I am so HAPPY I just bought a Millie. I want to thank everyone on here for all of your help and advice. I'm sure I will be asking more questions when I get her home. After I get her home I am going to look for some more circle lord boards and I am going to buy a ruler foot. :D I bought my Millie off of this site.

Welcome to the forum! I am afraid your post may not be seen much since Marti bought her machine. Do you know how to start a new thread? That would be your best bet...you will get responses!

It sounds like you know exactly what you want....that helps a lot!.....Good luck and let me know if you need help starting a new thread.  I would start one on the "gone quilting chat about anything" and the "for sale" areas.

Archived