Triple-D Cup Top Done!

Wow - you really worked some magic.  You are right - it is real pretty.  I would love to have a quilt like that.  My mom received a quilt as a wedding gift - she can't remember who made it - but it was on my bed while I was growing up.  I loved looking at all the stitches and all the different fabrics.  That was my inspiration for quilt now!  You never know!  Beautiful job - I love it.

Cathy, I don't know if Marci used the same technique for the border, but Kathy of Tamarack Shack has a tutorial for a similar border effect on her blog.  http://tamarackshack.blogspot.com/2012/01/curved-echo-border-tutorial.html

Bonnie, You're right! I saw a quilt here that she referred to her blog how she did the border, but for the life of my I didn't recall who it was - only that I saw it on here.  Thanks so much for jumping in here!  I did a quasi free hand and ruler work on this because I didn't have a curved ruler long enough to do the border. 

Thank you all for your comments - they mean a lot to me!  And Bonnie, I too agree that Kathy making her tutorial was a VERY kind gesture - and I found it very easy to do.  It took my head a while to 'get the drift' of the marking, but once I did it went well.  I had to frog one border side a couple times because I didn't get my alternating lines right, but that was just me having started marking it before I left to help Mom and then coming back and thinking I knew right where I left off......  :unsure:  Like she says, you can make them longer or shorter, whatever you feel works best. The design looks nice and covers good space. :)

Marci you did an amazing job on this beautiful quilt!   You have created a beautiful remembrance of her grandmother that she will now cherish because of your skillful quilting.  Please let us know her reaction when she picks it up!  You really worked some magic on this HUGE quilt.  No one will ever know what a nightmare it appeared to be when you loaded it on your frame.  ;)   Great job!!

Archived