Quilting designs

Vbartezko

Does anyone know of a good quilting design book. Im interrested in starting to do some quilting on a wall hanging Im doing and I would like to try them feathers that I see so much of on the quilt pictures on here. I havent done much quilting just lg and small stippling, time to move on alittle. Sure could use some help here. I would like a book with nice clear big pictures. Or any ideas on how to get started doing them too. I know PPP helps..... I have played a little on Laura's longarm, but I dont have one here at home. So now I want to try this on my home machine with a free motion stich. Ill try most anything once if it dint work ill move on.

There are several books out there. I started with the class Linda V. Taylor The Ultimate Guide to Longarm Quilting ISBN: 157120184X

I also go to Pat Holly & Sue Nichels 60 Machine Quilting Patterns ($6.95) ISBN 0-486-28013-6 got inspiration.

Infinite Feathers by Anita Shackleford is another good one. ($25), don't have ISBN.

The Art of Feather Quilting by Judy Allen (Golden Threads) ($23) is excellent.

And our very own Sherry Rogers has a feather book called FOrmal Feathers 101 $39 at http://www.sewfarsewgood.org/

Lots of choices.

Thank You I will be looking into get some of these books. I need to get over the fear and just jump into this. We have a group of sewers and we are getting together tomorrow night. I will let them all know too,because they are looking also. I would buy every book if I could but maybe between all of us will do a good job at getting most of them. Thanks again. Oh may I ask do they have big pictures and designs???

I went Barne and nobles last night and they had nothing and went to JoAnn Fabrics nothing, so I decided I would just go and check out the library just thinking I was probably just wasting my time....But they had just about every book on this list. I got a couple and and order some from other libraries I will be able to take a good look at them and then I can order the ones I think I will be using a long time.:D This is a great place to start...

Archived