Help installing Quilt Path

shirleyl

Installation went pretty good. Would have been better in a cooler room without interruptions and a spare set of hands, all I have left is to put the poles back on tomorrow and

This is where I need help. On the box installed under the back right handle looking at it from the back is an extra wire with no end. Nothing in the installation manual, but will retread it tomorrow to be sure. I am assuming it is a ground. But you know what assume means. I have attached a picture.

I wanted to play tomorrow, but may have to wait till I can call Monday unless someone has the answer. It is for the millennium with the fluorescent light.

Thanks.

post-3674-0-60673100-1378610800_thumb.jpg

Shirley, it probably is a ground wire, but it's not something I've seen in an installation yet.  But I haven't installed QP on one of the older Millies yet..... You can try playing with your new toy - just be sure you don't have a real quilt on the frame, just in case it has a little "brain fart" because of the unattached wire!  You can also email to service@apqs.com and qp@apqs.com - someone might check their email before Monday.  Good luck - and be sure to post what you find out!!

Installation went pretty smooth. Just a note if you had edge rider wheels you will have to adjust you pole height. That is next then to find where the mysterious wire goes. So I guess playtime will be tomorrow. On another note do not do this during hot weather and personal summers! On another note, I haven't turned it on yet. I'm scared!

Shirley

The extra wire is for the needle up and down sensor. So another improvement on the system. It looks like a thread break sensor will be in my future also. They were in the process of rewriting the directions when mine shipped. All will be good later today, just have to fix what I broke while installing it. I call my son in law a bull in a china shop. Too many years in the oilfield I guess.

Shirley

Well installation went well, except for a cable problem. We think, they included some other parts just to be sure I have what is needed. APQS Amy and Dawn have been wonderful to work with. My only issue now is waiting on parts. They are in Colorado with UPS, but with the flooding and closed roads, I'm thinking it may take longer to get here. They expect delivery Tuesday, but I'm not going to hold my breath. May everyone be safe. I would rather the truck driver help someone and take extra time to help those in need. And keep my parts high and dry in a warehouse if needed. I will just run the old fashioned way for a while.

Hope everyone is safe, it is so devastating there. The videos are unbelievable to watch. Whole towns are gone!

Shirley

Well UPS finally delivered at 7:30 tonight. Will figure out which part is my problem with my quilt path. I'm betting on a cable but APQS sent me anything they thought it could be. So will get up early and get that fixed and install my new hopping foot. Hope to be up and running b noon. Now I probably judt jinxed myself, but that is how it goes.

Shirley

Archived