PLEASE HELP, NEW MILLIE WON'T RUN

I turned on the machine this a.m. and it went through its usual process without any indication of trouble.  I got ready to pull the bobbin thread up and the needle up/down won't work.  I tried all 4 handles.  NOTHING works, no extra lights blinking/flashing etc.  There is power to the machine.  This machine has had only 4 quilts done on it.  And, of course, it happens on a Sunday!!!  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have look at the DVDs that came with the machine and can't really find much in them.  Sure with they furnished the book like they did with the old machines. Searched the help section on forums and didn't find anything either.  Thanks.....

I'm guessing it might have blown it's fuse.  Do you have it plugged into a surge protector?  I haven't changed the fuse yet.  There is supposed to be a spare....I'm sure someone else will chime in with better info.

Don't despair Alyn.  Millie's a great machine.  She'll be back up and running before you know it.

Yes, it is plugged into a surge protector.  There is power to the machine though.  When I looked at what little info there is on the supplied DVD, it sounds like if the fuse blows, it won't even turn on.  I will look at the fuse though, should be able to tell if is blown or not.  Thanks.

Check all of your plugs...both on the machine and into your power strip, etc.  I had this happen awhile back, and apparently I had knocked one of the plugs a bit loose when vacuuming.  The machine turned on initially, but apparently my moving the machine just a smidge was enough to make it not make a good connection somewhere in the process.  Hopefully, the fuse replacement will work and you can be on your way quilting.  Yes, I miss the good old days when we could have a book of instructions with our purchases!

Have double and triple checked all connections.  checked fuse, not blown but replaced anyway.  LED screen still lights up, thread cutter works when that is pushed.  There is only one on/off switch that I see.  So, all cables secure, LED lights up, new fuse, still nothing.  Thanks for the suggestions.

I had a similar problem with George a few years ago.  His lights would come on but he wouldn't work.  I replaced fuses (more than once) and called the factory.  I ended up taking him to Carroll and they replaced the motherboards in George and the foot pedal.  There was a short in there somewhere.  He was still under warranty so there was no repair cost and Amy had the job done in a morning.  They do ask for an appointment time if you are bringing the machine yourself.

I hope it gets fixed quickly for you.

I see you are from SD, there are some nice quilt shops in the area to keep you occupied while you wait for service!

Optical senors is the first thing to check if nothing is working. Make sure the lights are flashing very slowly as you hand turn the fly wheel. When the machine is working correctly the lights go so fast you don't see the flickering.

Call Amy in the morning, is my best advise. I am still 5 months without a machine with everything replace one to three times. I did find someone who is coming out next week to look at her before packing her off to Iowa. I am now in a very slow cycle period now.

It sounds like an optical senor, very easy to replace yourself. I have replaced it 3 times:). I have learned a lot about repairing this machine myself in the last 5 months. I went from racing to nothing to a very slow cycle. So I am getting one step closer each time. Good luck and call APQS in the morning, they are the best and can tell you over the phone for the most part what is wrong and how to fix it.

I am having a hard time sending her away for a fix, due to the cost of shipping myself. But may have to take a loan out and just do it ;)

I'm on prescribed steroids, so my thinking is worse than usual.. and that ain't great at it's best.

What I meant to say, was I had to increase the stitches per inch, to get the machine to sew.

I doubt it would really matter if the SR is on or off. 

Just sayin'

Rita

Spoke with Amy @ APQS today.  They did diagnostics and really don't know what they think the problem is but the bottom line is that since I have had the machine such a short time, they are sending me another one.  Downside to that is that I have a quilt 2/3 done on the machine and have to, obviously, take out the back two bars to remove and install the new machine.  That will be a good lesson in getting things realigned with the panto.  Thanks again for all of your help!!  Happy quilting.

Once you get it remounted, just align the needle to the start of a row you've already quilted. Then adjust your laser to the same spot. Advance the quilt as you normally would and hit go! :)

THIS is why I LOVE the zipper system so much. When you zip the quilt back on, it's in exactly the same place. Only takes a couple of minutes to remount the quilt and be ready to sew again.

Thanks again everyone for all of your suggestions.  I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new machine, it is "supposed" to be here tomorrow.

APQS did send a return shipping label so we are all set on that.

Bad thing is, my aunt from Kansas is here and we were working on the quilts that she brought.

So, I bought an embroidery machine and have been making labels for all of the quilts!!

Man is that a huge learning curve.  Can't wait until I can take classes on that too.

Happy Quilting...

So, I got the new machine today :) . We got it put on and NOTHING HAPPENS.  Once again, there is power to the machine but nothing else.  I know that APQS would not send out a machine that does not work.  My previously machine worked for 3 quilts and then just wouldn't work the next day.  I am so frustrated.  I have once again, double and triple checked everything, or so it seems.  I will call Amy in the morning but this is getting so frustrating. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Archived