Wanted a Big Girl Machine in Washington or Oregon

I have sold my Tin Lizzie.  Now, I looking for a Big Girl Machine in Washington or Oregon.

I want a APQS, INNOVA, GAMMILL, A1, ..

It must have Stitch Regulaor, throat at least a 22" , Channel locks, table to use with rulers, handles in back, laser for panos, table max 12 feet long, bobbin winder, extras... bobbins, rulers, panos, leader

I would like electric fabric advance, hydraulic table, zippered leaders,

I live in western Washington.

Hi sew happy day. 

It sounds as though you are describing the Magnificent Millie  with all that's required, I think about the only thing there is, to give you the throat space, is the Milli.. I could easily be wrong.

Welcome to the board, hope you stay a while, even if you don't have an APQS machine.

Good luck in your search.

Go to APQS home page and click on machines.  there is a comparrison chart between the APQS machines. that should give you a lot of help.

Don't be afraid to call APQS, with questions and general info you want.   I don't know if they still have the sales video showing the basic machine and some features.

I hope this is of some Help.

Rita   

As for rulers, panto's etc.  that is usually up to each quilter, as we all have different needs,

and preferences.

Sew Happy:  Welcome to the forum.  Even if you don't end up with an APQS machine this is a good forum to be  on. 

There are a lot of machines listed here on this forum.  Mostly APQS, but a few others as well.  Check the listings going back about 6 or 8 months, maybe even further.  If you find something that interests you, ask if the machine is still available.  Some times the person who listed the machine doesn't pay much attention to their listing, so if there is contact info with the listing, it's probably better to contact the listor directly.  Good luck in your search.  Regards.  Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Your preferred price point is very low and unless you chance upon something relatively old (pre-2000) or very bare-bones (no SR or the other bells and whistles you mentioned in your first post) I imagine you'll be searching for a while. Sometimes a machine comes up where the family is desperate to sell, but I've seldom seen anything less than about $8000. Good luck with your search. Maybe make up some "Searching For" cards and mail or take to the local fabric shops and guilds for posting on their bulletin boards or in their newsletters.That will spread the word. You might get a nibble on an older HQ or Lenni at that price.

I agree with Linda.  Your price point is very low for all the 'wants' that you listed in your first point.  Perhaps you might eliminate some of the 'bells and whistles' to get something more in your budget?  You can always add later or even upgrade.  Look at the used machines listed for sale her and the asking prices, this will give you a better idea as to what your budget can handle.

I know  some of the  add-on's aren't available for the Lenni, like the fabric advance, and hydrolic lift.

Best to check before buying.

You've been given some good advice on searching.

The price is still quite low for a Lenni, which sells in the $7,000.00  to $9,000.00

I've only seen two machines sell for less and really don't remember what models,

just that one was an APQS and that was a couple of desperation sales.

Good Luck.

Rita

• 4 months later...

Hi..my mother in law and I are selling our Dec. 2001 Gammill Optimum Plus and 12 foot table.

It is located in Lake Oswego, Oregon. Sell for $ 6,000. Less than 50 hours on machine. We want to down size because we are not making larger quilts any more. Bought and maintained by Boersma's Sewing Center in McMinnville, OR

• 3 weeks later...

I mistakenly listed the Lenni as a good choice and it is.  Lenni however doesn't have the 20 plus inch throat plate..

Hoping I didn't mislead anyone, or cause  a lot of time looking for nothing. 

Good luck in your search.

Rita

Archived