Friends of Baltimore BAQ

Quilting Heidi

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Girlfriend, how gaw-ius!  That is possibly the most beautiful thing these eyes has ever seen!  Now, I have several questions and a comment. 

1. How LONG did it take her to applique this piece?

2.  What in the world was she thinking when she started it? 

3.  Did she rob a bank in order to pay you for quilting it?

4.  Didn't you want to snatch it and tell her you didn't?

If that puppy was mine, and it was that beautiful, I would find a way to screw up the binding! 

Oh, Girlfriend, how gaw-ius!  That is possibly the most beautiful thing these eyes has ever seen!  Now, I have several questions and a comment. 

1. How LONG did it take her to applique this piece? - I think she said 2 years!

2.  What in the world was she thinking when she started it? - She did this one because she loved the borders.  She hated doing the half square triangles. LOL

3.  Did she rob a bank in order to pay you for quilting it? - Yes although she did get a nice discount.  I took a lot of time quilting this quilt as it was during a not so good time period for me and I was too stressed to quilt sometimes, well a lot of times!  LOL  She was super patient with me.

4.  Didn't you want to snatch it and tell her you didn't? - Absolutely!  She emailed me this morning to tell me she slept under it last night!  LOL I think she loves it.

If that puppy was mine, and it was that beautiful, I would find a way to screw up the binding! 

Heidi, your quilting reminds me of the work Sharon Schamber does! And her prices START at $5000 on customer quilts. You're in the big leagues now gal! I certainly hope this quilt is entered into some big money shows. She may be sleeping under it, but I sincerely hope the dog isn't sleeping ON it like Sharon's does! LOL

Heidi, your quilting reminds me of the work Sharon Schamber does! And her prices START at $5000 on customer quilts. You're in the big leagues now gal! I certainly hope this quilt is entered into some big money shows. She may be sleeping under it, but I sincerely hope the dog isn't sleeping ON it like Sharon's does! LOL

LOL you gave me a good chuckle.  I can't imagine that she will let the dog sleep on it, at least I hope not.  This was my last customer quilt so I went out with a bang.  I'm looking forward to doing some of my own stuff.  

Did you say this was your last customer quilt?  I sure hope you enjoy putting your wonderful talents into your own tops.    

Joyce I've decided for now that I will quilt only for myself.  Life has just gotten too busy and I need some time to just be creative without worrying about deadlines.  I may quilt for others in the future but for now I'm looking forward to some of my own stuff.

I will definitely continue to quilt!

Archived