AQS in Des Moines

I will be there Wednesday and Saturday. I am a member of the Des Moines Quilters Guild so I will be hanging quilts, have entered quilts, am white gloving and will be exhausted by Saturday night! I also some how got volunteered to make over 100 signs for a display of our guild family quilts called "Our Quilting Legacy".

I am excited to be able to show my Dad's quilts, my step-mom,s, a great grandma's quilt, and the 1 quilt my mom made for my daughter. My daughter and my mom shared the same birthday. She was killed by a drunk drive after sharing only 3 birthdays with my daughter. It should be an interesting display judging by all the family stories I am typing!

I finally finished over 100 quilt signs today for the Des Moines Area Quilters Guild. I some how got volunteered to do the Family Legacy quilt signs. We will have family quilts there from as far back as the 1890's. I get to help hand all those quilts on Monday. I am taking Tuesday off to recuperate before going back on Wednesday. I even got my dad and step-mom to go with me on Thursday.

• 8 months later...

I'm coming up on a bus from our local quilt shop on Wednesday.  I came via bus last year and it was great.  No driving hassle, no parking hassle, just lots of time to shop and see all those beautiful quilts.  I wish we had some kind of "identifier" from the forum so we knew who was who.  I'd love to meet some of you!!!

Archived