30s Quilt top, for sale, ready to quilt!

I have for sale/donation a quilt top that was given to our local Quilts of Valor Chapter ( lolqov@blospot.com )  and we cannot give it to a soldier. Yes, there are some female soldiers, but all of them really like the patriotic quilts, besides this is way too big. We got her permission to sell it. It is original 30s fabrics, made (she believes) in the late 30s early 40s by a great aunt. So, the top measures 84X108 and would make a fabulous Christmas gift for someone or an opportunity quilt for your guild. It BEGS for some special quilting in the plain areas (feathered wreaths???) So, I am asking $250, more as a donation although I think it is worth every penny. There are NO age spots, the needle-turned hand appliqued plates are skillfully executed and the blocks and piano key border is machine sewn.

Can you help us with this quilt so we can buy more fabric and batting? Please email with any questions directly at bigtimequilter@yahoo.com and thanks for considering it. I always like to give you guys first crack as this quilt could be stunning with the right quilting!

post-852-0-11897100-1379523014_thumb.jpg

post-852-0-18997500-1379523037_thumb.jpg

post-852-0-06665400-1379523053_thumb.jpg

Archived