A Collaborative Effort.

For some time, Mum and I have thought about working on a quilt together. She paints and let's just say... I don't. (can't!!) With time fast running out to get this one finished, she offered to paint my borders in, which I readily agreed to.

Originally designed so that quilting space was at a premium, the vine border was an idea that developed when I was well along in the construction phase.

We are both pleased with the end result and are planning our next quilt together.

Thanks for looking. :)

post-5721-0-46764300-1380371830_thumb.jpgpost-5721-0-05629600-1380371884_thumb.jpgpost-5721-0-91166400-1380371917_thumb.jpgpost-5721-0-08933200-1380371950_thumb.jpg

Julie, it is equisite! What a wonderful treasure; her painting adds so much and is so beautiful.. My Mother is gone now and we did many projects together. I treasure each and every one of them; I actually am in the process of finishing up one right now. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you everyone for your really nice comments. :)

Lucy and Bonnie:

The paint my Mum used was Jo Sonja paint. She added the textile medium of the same brand and that was all she used. She mixed the colours and trialled them on some washed fabric samples first, so we could see what blended with the colour palette and so we could see how the paint would react. I'm glad we did! It took several trials of mixing paints to get a similar shade to the fabrics that we were happy with, as despite the fabric colour it was going on being quite neutral, the painting of the fabric made the first paint colour samples go very dark. Hope this helps :)

Archived