MQS Class for Sale

JanieceKS

I have a beginning longarm, hands-on class at MQS for sale. I inadvertently signed up for class #100 = Beginning Machine Quilting Bits & Pieces, for Monday, June 4th from 8 a.m. - noon. The cost is $100. I had a blond moment - what can I say? I've been quilting for 6 years, so this was a real boo-boo! I'd really like to sell this class, so please let me know if you are interested. You have to be registered to go to MQS, and then I can give you the information to get you into this class. Thank you!:):)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming that this is a hands on class and that is why the price is so much....and not just a lecture.

What is the deadline for class changes or additionals....all seminars have theses....you need to contact them to see if you are within the deadlines. AND if you are not, you may be surprised how much, even an experienced quilter can learn in a beginning class. All teachers regardless of who they are bring a different spin to a class room, the chance of you learning a new technique or a new tip might surprise you. Good luck in finding someone to help you, so again you might really enjoy the class.

Norece, it was DSM. So that must be the difference, eh? Hmmm.... why so much because the machine is bigger? Is it rent of the machine added to the normal cost of a class? I know shops rent out their longarm machines to students who want to practice....

• 1 month later...

I never even took my first supposedly free class when I bought the Millenium, they were too far away. The closest was in Hershey PA. Never got there. It has been a year and I do the Pantographs but mess up terribly on free motion. I have finished over fifty of my tops. Some look okay others leave much to be desired. So maybe I have to practice more. Wanted to go to the MQX in Manchester NH but it was too big a trip also. I am helping some of my friends from Sewing Guild finish some of their tops. They do the stitching themselves. I don'twant to mess them up too. I just help them get set up and am there if they need help. I do not quilt for others.

Marion!!

By all means take a class or classes and invest in yourself!!!

I'm sure there are people on this chat site that would be able to car pool or co-ordinate a trip to MQX next year.!!! I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what you can learn and how it can help you reach the next level or goals you may have! Just keep on quilting!!!!

Marion,

Don't give up...They all keep saying you need to use paper and practice there and then your machine becomes and extension, yada, yada. Not for me. I cannot draw, so my drawings look worst then my freehand and it looks pitiful. Darlene Epp suggested that I read the book "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain", I just got it this week and let me tell you - I have only read the forward and introduction and already I feel like the author is talking to me alone. I don't know if you have trouble in the area of drawing, but if you do, I suggest you get that book. Then if you don't have Darlene's pocket guides, get those, they will help you get started on freehand. And it is okay to do pantos. I kept reading a lot of post and people sounded like pantos were almost dirty and they would never touch them. There are some great designs out there and for those of us that can't do freehand they are wonderful. Don't be too hard on yourself for not staying on the line exactly, or not being perfect. Just do the best you can, pantos are very forgiving.

I am determined to freehand...but until then - bring on the pantographs ;)

Patty,

I am so happy Darlene suggested it. I think it is going to help. I ordered it from Amazon and had it within 2 days. The cost was around $10 I think. I looked for it yesterday just for hoots at Hobby Lobby and they have it too, but it is $16. I'm getting ready to start the first project - a self portrait - can't wait to see that!!:P:D I'm really bad....this is going to be hysterical.

Archived