Fantastic Thursday 10/2/2013

Good morning everyone! Hope your day is great today!!!!!

I  have been working on this Double Wedding Ring for three days and give Linda R lots of hugs for helping me with the design of the quilting!!!!!  She is the BEST!!!! :wub:

Here is a sneak peek of the quilt!  Can't wait to see what you have done!

10069106374_c01df462e0.jpg

002 by delld1964, on Flickr

I am working on the 2nd of three Boxtrot pattern quilts for a customer.  All three have minkee backing.  She wanted custom and all three will be different from one another.  I will post when all three are done.  Also having guild subcommittee meeting to plan our holiday party!!  Seems early, but those holidays do sneak up on us.

I finished the Basket Case quilt for the church bazaar. The pattern is Basket Case by Cluck Cluck Sew. I did a simple large meander since the piecing is so busy. King Tut Sahara Desert top thread, Magna-Glide classic bobbin thread. The backing is minkee dot, batting Pellon Legacy 80/20. This was a fun quilt to make!

10071337124_5b5cb45919_m.jpg
Basket Case Finished by Lisa Eichelberger, on Flickr

10071361035_dc74e65043_m.jpg
Basket Case backing by Lisa Eichelberger, on Flickr

Dell, that is gorgeous. I'm sure your customer will be thrilled. 

One week ago, I got a call from the Gift of Life asking for 5 quilts. They just want basic quilts with 20 blank blocks each with simple sashing. There for a special dedication ceremony they do for donor families. I agreed to do them. And then there was the "oh by the way". They need them by October 13th. Well sure. I have no life. LOL. I've got them all made and one quilted. I'll be happy if I get 3 of them done. We'll see. 

Finished one customer's quilt and started another one while gathering up, organizing, cutting etc and packing for a quilting retreat.  Starting tomorrow after lunch it will be time for some serious piecing for the weekend...a bit of a change for me!!   Good company, fun projects and always good snacks!!

Yesterday was devoted to getting a QoV finished, which has to be turned in tomorrow morning.

Getting a lot of it done using the Side Saddle, and their updates are wonderful,, can string patterns now.

I had a few burps along the way, resulting in two calls to Jennifer at Side Saddle, just things I forgot

what to do about, or hadn't encountered before.  She walked me right through it in a very short time.

Gotta love that Side Saddle.

Also finishing a pieced pumpkin name tag the guild wants us to wear for the quilt show.. and am working on the

quilt I want to enter in the fair.

Your projects are so encouraging and inspiring.. and Beautiful..  keep the good work going.

Rita

Got a quick picture before leaving for work this morning.  Here is the quilt that I've been working on.  It will be our guilds raffle quilt.  Our members made the blocks, one member pieced it all and I quilted it.  Charlotte will be binding it.  I'm happy to have it off my frame.  I'll post better pictures after it is revealed to the guild and I have time to take better pictures.

post-2404-0-55883500-1380890059_thumb.jpg

Love all the projects..............very nice work ladies...............Wednesday I spent the day at the AQS Quilt Show in Des Moines.   Found lots of goodies and things I can't possibly live without............ :D

Thursday, I was so tired and still recovering from Wednesday.   I did get the last two borders on a quilt top and worked on a small Christmas wallhanging that I bought at the show.   I bought two........one for our DD and one for DIL for Christmas.  I have some quilt tops waiting to be quilted, so might work on that today..........at least get one started.

Oh My Goodness!!!    so many "BEAUTIFUL" quilts that are being worked on........      Dell that is some gorgeous quilting!!

I started quilting my little grandsons hot rod quilt on Monday.    Made a trip to Illinois tuesday  to delliver the heirloom quilt and visit my daughters for a few days.    Now I'm back to finishing up the hot rod quilt.  

Archived