Emilys wedding quilt

This is the blurb listed for the pattern in case anyone has the issue of their magazine.

Enjoy the Emily's Wedding Quilt digital pattern from Love of Quilting May June 2013 issue. Pieced from as many reproduction prints she could gather at a fabric exchange, Liz's quilt features a masterful combination of two different blocks: 54-40 or Fight and Shoo Fly.

I saw this on the latest show and love the look of it. The Shoo Fly block is a cinch to make. The other one is easier with the templates available from F&P. I've seen the templates at Joann's. Everything is cut from strip sets with the "ears" cut off for easy piecing.

• 1 month later...

Fons and Porter had a similar quilt on the cover of their Easy Quilts mag a few years ago with the shoo fly block replaced with a friendship star block.  I think Yankie Quilter posted her finished quilt here.  I used Marti Michell's Wonder Triangles.  They were very easy to use and one set can make 8 different sizes.  I haven't quilted my top yet, but it made up really easy.  I made it larger than called for.  If I lay it out on the bed and it doesn't reach where I think it should, I start adding rows :wacko:. I think I added one row across and down.

I am currently working on this quilt, with my Mom for a friends wedding quilt.  We are only going to use 3 fabrics hope to be able to show it off before or shortly after Christmas.  I am using the Tri-Recs rulers and the triangle ruler both from EZ.  We made sample blocks out of scraps but decided since the Bride loves butterflys that we would use a multi- color print for everything but the 4 patch.  I have no clue how I am going to quilt it but am looking forward to getting the top ready. 

don't feel bad Rita, I cant find the mistake either. if you go to the fons and porters link that beachside quilter gave above you will see that quilt. I am not sure if the mistake is visible on the cover or if you click on it and get the instructions with the picture of the whole quilt. Either way I saw the whole thing and still cant find the mistake. Maybe that is why once my quilts are done others find my mistakes. oooops

OK...........I must be blind..............I don't see the mistake.   Where is it ????    Glad to know they DO make mistakes............I made one of the patterns from the magazine last year and I am sure the cutting instructions were wrong.   I cut exactly as they listed, but my blocks would not come out right.    I redid them to make them work, but I was so frustrated that I don't even like the quilt now.   I e-mailed them about it and was told in no uncertain terms that "the pattern instructions were not wrong!!!"..............Hummmmm?  

Archived