• 2 weeks later...

I started with Bernina 730 and then bought the 830 when they came out. Silly me, I was so sure I would never love it like the 730 I refused to trade her in. Anyway, five years later I can't imagine ever loving a domestic machine more ;-) She and my Millie make sewing pure joy! Beautiful stitches, large bobbin, 12" harp area, I'm sure you have read all the stats about her. You should be able to pick up one at a good price since the new machines for this year have come out. 

BTW, not even looking at the new ones. 

Sandy

Well, I bought it. It is huge!!! Can't wait to take the class on how to use it. I thought I would just plug it in and take off. Nope ;)  It took me 15 min to fiqure out how to thread it, and it's a self threading machine! ;) Oh well, more adventures to come. Oh yeah, it is almost as big as Millie!!!!

Virginia

Yes, take the classes, it will help everything make sense. It is a very easy machine to use once you get used to her. Mine has been a dream machine, 5 or so years now. I was one of the first to get the new 830 when it was released. Be careful of the knobs on the front when you carry her. If I'm taking her in for service, I always lay her down on her back. One of my knobs got damaged early on, they replaced it no charge. 

You will love not having to use the walking foot any more, at least I don't. The dual feed is fantastic. The jumbo hoop is great too if you like to embroider. I did invest in some D Feet to use with the dual feed, well worth it. There is so much that this machine will do, it is just amazing. I'm afraid I don't even scratch the surface with using it to her full capabilities. 

Have fun,

Sandy

I am having a little difficulty trying to download all of my previous artista embrodery designs. I have tons! Is the new format good? I have so much invested in designs. Can this machine recalculate to increase or decrease the number of stitches to fit a design that is enlarged or made smaller?

Virginia,

You need to join some of the Bernina Yahoo groups. They have one for the Bernina 830 and the also for the software. You will find the answers there faster. 

I still use the ART format and the software will always give you a better design when changing the size. 

Sandy

Archived