AQS Des Moines Family Quilts

I spent the day at the quilt show with my dad and step-mom. He was very pleased with the display of our family quilts. All 3 of us quilt and sometimes do projects together. I quilt some of their tops and they try to pay me for my quilting. I just tell him it is pay back for some teenage incident! He was impressed with the size of the show. They live 2 hours away and I have never gotten them to come. He is 84 and about out walked me!

The Winnie the Pooh quilt was the only quilt made by my mom before she was killed by a drunk driver. Today my dad turned to me and said "How could we ever have imagined that we would end up quilting together instead of you and your mom." One of those days I will remember forever.

What a great picture.  I'm so glad you got to spend time with them at the a place that makes them happy.  That's what life's all about.  Such a nice display of the quilts too.  My husband and I were at the Des Moines Quilt Show for the first time and we were very impressed.  I'm sure it won't be the last time we go.   :)   

Delores in Illinois

• 4 weeks later...

My dad does more little projects than I do. He likes to hand quilt them with sometimes a bit of domestic quilting thrown in. II quilt his big quilts for him. He tries to pay me for quilting. I just say that I am paying him back for the apartment deposit or car down payment, or the disgruntled teenager he put up with! He is definitely one of my heroes!

Archived