JenniferBernard

AQS Des Moines Family Quilts

I spent the day at the quilt show with my dad and step-mom. He was very pleased with the display of our family quilts. All 3 of us quilt and sometimes do projects together. I quilt some of their tops and they try to pay me for my quilting. I just tell him it is pay back for some teenage incident! He was impressed with the size of the show. They live 2 hours away and I have never gotten them to come. He is 84 and about out walked me!

The Winnie the Pooh quilt was the only quilt made by my mom before she was killed by a drunk driver. Today my dad turned to me and said "How could we ever have imagined that we would end up quilting together instead of you and your mom." One of those days I will remember forever.

Jennifer Bernard

My quilted jackets are on a competition journey around the country

gathering pretty ribbons (sometimes)!

Quilting with my Millennium and playing with my Quiltazoid!

Holy wrinkles.. he is 88??  then I must be over 125 and am carrying his wrinkles very well. 
Both of them are quite young looking, and so are you! 

Beautiful pict.

Love 'em well,

Rita

Oh no, he is 84 and will be 85 in November. He corrected me when I said he was 85 a month early. They are both in good shape. I attribute it to all the dancing and other happy activities they do.

Jennifer Bernard

What a great picture.  I'm so glad you got to spend time with them at the a place that makes them happy.  That's what life's all about.  Such a nice display of the quilts too.  My husband and I were at the Des Moines Quilt Show for the first time and we were very impressed.  I'm sure it won't be the last time we go.   :)   

Delores in Illinois

Delores

Ocala, Florida

What a great story. So glad you still have your Dad!!! And a step Mom too!  Wonderful picture!!! :wub:

Dell 2016 Millie Frannie Ann Jr. with Bliss & she is Quiltaziod and Circle Lord Equipped with lots of Quilting Toys and now has Quilt Path!

Jennifer,

Can he out quilt you too?  What a wonderful time you all must have had.  Thanks for sharing.

Blissful Quilting until next time…

Judith Washburn

BlissQuilter.com

APQS Dealer

Sealy, Texas

832-724-6335

Complete Longarm Quilting Studio

Millennium Blissed with IntelliQuilter

Lucey Blissed with Quilt Path

My dad does more little projects than I do. He likes to hand quilt them with sometimes a bit of domestic quilting thrown in. II quilt his big quilts for him. He tries to pay me for quilting. I just say that I am paying him back for the apartment deposit or car down payment, or the disgruntled teenager he put up with! He is definitely one of my heroes!

Jennifer Bernard