Shannon, have been following you thru this.  I was even wondering where you were.  So sorry about the accident, but soo glad that you are on the mend.  Hope that after your Friday appt. that all will be well.  But, ease back into quilting..just a little at a time. So glad that you had a wonderful time in Italy.  It is one of our favorites and looking forward to another trip!

so i have been given an "all clear" to return to "normal activities" with the medical advice of "If it hurts, stop doing it"  (well duh. i could tell people that for $100 an hour)

i'm still not 100% tho. i have just started being able to bear weight with my left arm! Yeah to being able to raise the wine glass...wait, i mean water :), glass with out using both hands!! i would say close to 55%- 60% and i'm driving again!! yeah for independence!! i have perfected driving a stick shift almost one handed :)

i have quilted two of my own quilts (pictures on blog soon) and hope to ease back into customer quilts. i can only go 3 to 4 hours before getting tired. can't wait to get back to my normal full time routine, but i know- i'm not in any hurry. i don't want more unwanted down-time from surgery later. it's kindda freaky how things worked out- with my thyroid surgery, the move, and the trip to Italy i had planned my quilting schedule and with the wreck only have a couple of client quilts at the house anyway...

i know this is a bit off topic: but i do have an Instagram account. User: @piecefulkwilter  it's an app on smart phones and a comedian once described it as "twitter for people how don't like to read"  it's like little peeks into other people's life...mine's mostly quilting with some redneck stuff thrown in for fun...