Towa Tension Gauge for M Bobbin

Newbie here.. I have a question about the Towa tension Gauge.. I found one on Ebay .. new in box. and was wondering if M is M in the reg sewing world as it in the long arm world.. because I am just new to this whole Towa world.. I did not see the seller listing anything else for long arms.. but did list the L tension Towa gauge too and several bobbin cases... is this what I need ? or is there some secret code for long arm Towa gauge for M bobbin case? 

Depends. Long arms come with 2 size bobbins the L and the M. The M is the bigger bobbin and you would need the towa gauge for the correct bobbin. They have one for the L size and one for the M. You will need to know what size you have. This is necessary information for the gauge, additional bobbins as well as additional bobbin cases. Good rule of thumb is to keep a spare bobbin case. The M size bobbin case is more expensive than the L from what I have seen. You didn't mention what year and make machine you have, only the newer APQS machines have the M as an option, or it can be added to an older machine also I believe. So without more information I can't tell you what you have.

You might be able to measure a bobbin and someone can tell you which one it is. I'm out of town and don't have my stuff handy.

Shiley

RAB:  The "M" and "L" bobbins are the same in the longarm and commercial sewing worlds.  There are some differences between the bobbin cases, so you need to be sure and buy a bobbin case that fits your machine.  (I know the M bobbin cases for the A-1 and Tin Lizzy are different from the Gammills)

As far as I know the TOWA tension gauge will work on any of the proper sized bobbin cases.  It is not machine specific.  So, if you have an "M" bobbin system on your machine, the TOWA gauge you saw on e-Bay will fit your bobbin case.  The same applies to the L bobbin cases as well.  Jim

Archived