Woo-whoo ... I quilted my 3rd quilt today

I'm tired but very happy because today I was able to rent time again on the Gammill and quilted my third quilt. This time I used WillowLeaf's Popcorn pantograph. Sadly I wasn't able to get into a rhythm with it as much as when I used the Chestnut Swirls panto the last time. It was okay but not as good as my last attempt. Could have had something to do with not getting much sleep the last couple days as well.  ;-)

Also a friend asked me to quilt three quilts for her grandkids as soon as she gets them pieced. I told her that I would rent time on the Statler and charge her the amount that they charged for rental time and thread. I figure it'll be a win-win for both of us ... quilts for her grandkids and time for me to try out the computer on someone else's dime. (After just three times I'm not about to do hand-guided for her quilts.)

I tried to take a picture of the quilt on the snow but it was so windy that didn't happen. Instead here's a few pics taken in the house of the quilt.

Lessons learned:

1) Make sure to check your bobbin every once in a while otherwise you'll have to add a new one in the middle of a row

2) Maybe wait to use variegated thread when you're a bit more experienced

3) Baste the quilt edges closer than 1/4" otherwise you may catch the edges when quilting pantos

4) Double check your tension every once in a while as well

5) Try to keep curves round and not flat

6) Remember which direction you're going in when you come back from checking the front .. oops!

7) Have fun no matter what  ;-)

Oh and there's also a picture of the little bit of snow in our front yard. It'll probably be melted by this evening.

post-18162-0-02770200-1382107199_thumb.jpgpost-18162-0-01515700-1382107211_thumb.jpgpost-18162-0-33810500-1382107217_thumb.jpgpost-18162-0-79796200-1382107227_thumb.jpg

Archived