You know how I like to share my progress photos!  We had some sad happenings in my family last week - my Grandmother passed away.  It was rough as we were very close when I was young...I'm starting to feel like things are getting back to normal...and quilting obsessively is my normal!   :)

Here's a few shots in progress of what I'm working on and really happy with - continuous curve is not my strong point...but my thinking is always...when you're weak in one area...DO THAT THING A LOT!!!  You can't get better any anything if you avoid it...   :)

10339178584_363b50de97.jpg

Thank you all, and thank you so very much Dell!  ;)  Yes it was hard to lose Grandma.  I am so fortunate that I have a wonderful family though - much support and love and while I miss her, it was her time.  I like to think she is now with my Grandfather so that is very comforting.  :)

Yes quilting does bring me some peace...it is my art!  :)

Valerie I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your Grandmother, I too had mine with me until about 6 years ago and I miss her still!  I believe they are a big part of forming who we are!

Your quilting is just beautiful!  I love how you are quilting this quilt - it is so interesting to look at....and pretty!

Thank you!!  You are way too kind.  :)  I really am having fun with my machine...sometimes I do want to yell and scream at it...but mostly I just have fun.  :)

Hmmm....pointers....well truly I think the fact that I did a lot of quilting on my domestic before the long arm helps.  Nothing but practice seems to really help me...and I know nobody wants to hear that!  LOL  I have pictures of my very first attempts at continuous curve way back in March - and if you look at what I'm doing now, while still not perfect, it is worlds better.  I haven't even attempted it once since March either!!!  So I truly think it's just a matter of the more you do it the better you get.  For ideas I spend a lot of time looking at others quilting and trying to emulate the designs that I am drawn to!  :)

I say just go for it!  Find a quilt and work out a plan that you think will look good on the quilt...and go for it!!!  :)  Just go slow and plan ahead where you're going to travel to next....that seems to really helps me to get a cleaner more polished finished look.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Valerie, the quilting is AWESOME!!  I just don't understand how you bring it together.....do you have any pointers on going custom? ;) I would love to step away from panto.

Thank you Jennifer!  This customer in particular isn't a big fan of feathers...so I wanted to do something that wasn't a feathered border...and I gotta admit I was stumped at first!  She doesn't mind if I throw in a little feather here or there, but she wouldn't be happy with me at all if I sent home a quilt feathered from top to bottom!  LOL  (Although I would thoroughly love to do it!!!)

Thank you Cathy!!!!  Yes pictures for SURE when I'm done!!

Thank you Judith!  :)

The batting I used was Quilter's Dream - Poly Request.  I like it ok for quilting that is dense like this - but it is my absolute favorite to use layered in two layers with feathers.  No, no stitch regulation!  I wish I had stitch regulation!!!  But I do not - I do alright with out it, but it would be really nice in difficult areas to have it...though I think in a few years with more practice under my belt I'll be able to get nice even stitches even in the tough spots.  :)

Valerie,

My prayers are with you and your family! 

The quilt is goreous.  What batting and threads to you use.  Do you use the stitch regulartor or not?  The stitches look so nice.  

Valerie, so sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandma, but I can see that you are pouring out your emotions in the beautiful quilting on this lovely quilt.  Great choices of quilting in the different areas.  Your customer is going to LOVE it!  Can't wait to see more pictures!  You are really creating some beautiful quilts in the short amount of time you have had your LA.  Good for you!  :)