Inspiration needed.

I just did a similar one for my aunt. She wanted simple but functional, so I just outlined the vehicles and meandered the rest of it. My first thought when I saw yours was straight lines in the roadway, and maybe something swirly, like wind blowing off the vehicles in the background. I also really liked the idea of pebbling the roadway. I'm sure whatever you do will look great!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89108311/Car%20Quilt.JPG

I really love all of the fun / terrific ideas everyone has mentioned above. So...just to be different, I'll toss in another idea --- perhaps use a pantograph that has some cars and trucks in it. Edge to edge overall panto with cars or trucks would look really cute. Maybe a thread in bright yellow. Just a thought.

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas. I am going to try several of them.

I have been trying to draw the fire truck and the police car today. If I can get them down I might try and stitch them on the road.

Or would you do just a simple meander? When you talk about tire tracks, how would you make them.

Also the pebbles in the road, is that just clusters of circle type designs ?

I have to use white thread, because that is what she has asked for. She is using a white backing.

Sorry for all the how to questions.

Connie.

Sherry is still quilting with us. We finished the pink quilt  this weekend out of the strips . She has added Blue to her list of quilt colors to do now. We  are all enjoying working on the quilts.  I believe the blue is the last one she has left.  My other sisters and Sherry should finish it this week. Sherry also has a doctors appt. in the morning. I hope things goes ok, but I am afraid she has picked up an infection the way she coughs and the noise that she makes just breathing.  It reminds me of a teapot rattling.  Her balance is very unsteady. When she got to my house Sat. We had to help her walk into the house. It was like slow motion walking. Like she was trying to remember which foot to use or how to do it. Today she seemed better with knowing what she  was doing or going to do.  We also completed 4 baby minky blankets also this weekend.

One of those is going to her neighbor she said, the other ones she said because she might see a baby that needs one " You know Connie babies like the feel of those blankets ".

There are times when we are talking and she will stop, close her eyes and she is asleep. Then she will wake up like nothing happened.

We have been blessed for having this time together as well as the APQS Quilt Warriors for helping us with these last quilting memories.

We had been told that she had 2 weeks left. Sherry is a fighter because she has exceeded that. 

I ask her today ''ok what is on the list for your next one, she just said right now the blue is the only one for now. ''

I will send another update when she completes the blue one.

Thank you guys we would not of been able to do it with all your help.

Connie

Archived