Sign in to follow this  
jandcembroidery

NQR - Preparing for Halloween updated with pics

I actually haven't done any quilting since the move. Spent most of the time unpacking, repairing sprinkler heads, and all of the fun things that come with moving into a new to me but older home. Today however I spent most of the afternoon getting ready for all of the little hobgoblins. I think I get a bigger kick out of it than they do. We bought some cheap little pumpkin and ghost lights to string up and then my wife showed me this great idea using toilet paper or paper towel rolls. You cut out scary eyes and then we bought some dark purple Christmas looking lights that will go inside the roll. Poke them in the shrubs, plug them in and you have little creatures looking at you  :angry: . We gave it a trial run on a few this evening and I think it's going to be the coolest. Maybe I'll be able to take a decent picture and post it anyone is interested.

10576119985_2847e68248_n.jpg
scary eyes by jandcembroidery, on Flickr

10576112755_bd38e2bd66_n.jpg
Untitled by jandcembroidery, on Flickr

10576386783_ca183c3548_n.jpg
Halloween decor by jandcembroidery, on Flickr

James

James & Carrie Melton
APQS Freedom '08 - Hand guided - M&M Wheels - The Topper

I'd love to see pics!

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Pinterest has that same DIY idea. Saw it last year. Cute!

I think my wife saw it on a Facebook post. I would have never even thought of such a thing. It's fairly inexpensive, but since it's toilet paper rolls you have to plan months ahead :lol:

James

James & Carrie Melton
APQS Freedom '08 - Hand guided - M&M Wheels - The Topper

I think my wife saw it on a Facebook post. I would have never even thought of such a thing. It's fairly inexpensive, but since it's toilet paper rolls you have to plan months ahead :lol:

LOL!  :D

Love the photos!

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

I love it!  We don't get tricksters as our drive way is long and curvy and up hill and such.  They just pass us on by!

Just Sew Simple Sylvia Blissett APQS Freedom '09 "Stitch" Circle Lord 2010 “"Until one has loved an animal, Part of their soul remains unawakened.”