Fotos of Quilt Path ?

lisata.

Hi,

I just ordered Quilt Path and can hardly wait ;) 

it will be end of January till I can install it.

I was looking for pictures of an installed QP on a table, but can't find any,

can anyone help me there ?

I want to know how much of my table I have to uninstall to install the belts etc.

thanks a lot

Lisa

Lisa, 

You will get a new carriage, so the machine does have to come off the table.  It is a quick install.   The installs very with the age of the frame and the age of the machine.  But so far the 3 I have done have been quick and pretty painless.  

I suggest checking all the connections inside the new carriage before you put it on the table.  I did not do that on the second install and had to take the machine back off the table to plug something in later.  That is the worst thing that has happen so far and was a quick fix after I realized what was wrong.

I love my Quilt Path!  I have been blogging about my experience with mine.  I installed mine the first week of June and quilted my 100th quilt with it last week.  

You don't have to remove the table just the bolts and slip some spacers and the motor and pulley bracket under it. It did it all by myself, but do check all the connections under the carriage before you put it on. If you need help, just let me know I can walk you thru it, as can Angela. It is easier with a spare set of hands tho.

Shirley

100 quilts since June!! That's impressive. I installed mine (no problems and the phone support when I did have questions was super) in July and am still figureing out how to use the CAD program to develop my own patterns. The Grace Company folks are very helpful, too. Angela, I love your blog! Thanks so much and keep it coming! Is Sunday your day "off"?

Martha,

I have done a little in QuiltCAD, but really want to play some more.  I have also recorded some items, but mostly I am using purchased digital pantographs.  It is taking me a while to get used to the uniformed looked since I have done freehand quilting for the last 5 years.  I am 3 weeks ahead of my quoted schedule right now so I took in more Christmas Quilts this week.  That made a couple of my customers ecstatic!  Yay Quilt Path!

I actually just picked Sunday as the day I would post. I took a blogging class with Angela Walters at MQS; she suggested posting the same day every week.  I try really hard to have them done in advance and scheduled to post.  I try not to spend time in my Studio on Sunday, but if my hubby is off doing something, I still sneak down there.  That is normally our day to spend time with family.  

If you think of anything that I should cover, I would be happy to write it up and post it.   

Angela

Archived