Fantastic Thursday 11/7/2013

It's Thursday again! Wow where does the time go???

We still haven't closed on the property sell, but every day maybe we are closer! :)  I missed two whole days of quilting waiting! Oh well!

You was the CHurch wall hanging I spent the week on I posted this week. Yesterday I put on Pam's QOV and did the Swirlz Cricle Lord on it with gold Metro on top with Filtec bobbins on the bottom! Man was it quick and fun to do after a week of trying to figure  out what and how on the wall hanging!

Can't wait the eye candy you share today!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dellquilts/10726064284/in/photostream/

Can anyone tell me how to add the picture here from flickr and not just the address?  Thanks.

Beautiful quilts Oma!  So far today I have walked with a new friend and gotten about 1-1/2 miles in, steamed cleaned my area rug, mopped my tile floors that haven't been cleaned since I moved in a month ago, mail a little goody box to my grandkids,  and then up to long arm the Texas Quilt!

Whew!  Now that makes me tired, maybe I should take a break!

It seems I'm always late with the Thurs. things. 

This week was not the best.

The microwave went down, keeps blowing circuit breaker.

The water pump on the washer went out.

We thought the seal on the fridge freezer unit went out.. not, it's the drain from defrost that is

frozen shut.  We have to defrost for minimum of 24, and they prefer closer to 48 hours to

totally thaw the pipe in the insulation.  Samsung makes a great fridge with one near-fatal flaw.

Then the heat pump, blows a nearly silent fan, but no heat or ac.  The guy might make it out

tonight, or tomorrow morning.

On the plus side.

I did finish 2 fleece quilts this week.  Found one spot I have to redo to totally finish the quilting, on one.

They both need a label,.

One of them I set the quilting machine computer, and without one thread break, not one goof, not one

bobbin running out, I finished the whole quilt.   True it is a small one, but so much fun, anyway.

I think after a many month break, I finally have the camera downloading some picts.   It's been a long dry spell.

I got picts if the two fleece, and the Quilt of Valor downloaded. edited, saved to desktop, so now to figure out how

to get Flicker to let me download.    then maybe I can post here, or give the URL to the picts.

Yesterday was spent at Dr. appts. and taking care of non-quilting things around the house.  Waiting for the

contractor to give us a call was futil.  He thinks he lives too far away to make it profitable for either of us, so

thanking him for his honesty, we are now back to looking, again.

We've been looking for someone starting in Aug.  more work each month since.  Maybe the problem is distance, but

even locals don't seem to want the job.  Could it be because we already have the windows?

Anywhoo that is where we are, and another out of town Dr. appt this morning.

Sounds like many of you have made progress in the quilting.  Congrats!

The quilts I've been able to peek at are so nice, love them all.. Congrats again.

Rita

I didn't realize what fantastic Thursday was.... :blush:

4th row was completed, and then I noticed a flaw in row 3. So I had to somewhat disassemble rows 2&3, alter 3, then patch everything back together. Somewhat a pain; I've had to do this before on a quilt that I threw in the corner and haven't looked at it since. 

10734221703_98de562960.jpg
Untitled by jandcembroidery, on Flickr

Monday I returned from Quilt Festival in Houston, we had a blast during the entire show.  I completed 3 QOV quilts on Wednesday.  Thursday I picked up a friend at 5:30 AM and drove 2 1/2 hours to help a friend out with her QOV group sewing day.  Left there about 2:30 to drive the 2 1/2 hours back home.  

Archived