lovely birthday blocks

mbq

Just got back from a week away & I was delighted to see three blocks in my mail box! Thanks so much ladies for the great blocks..... Carol Hilary, Barbara Goodson & Kate Myers. I really love them all & want you to know I appreciate it. I am working at the blocks in no particular order. Cheers,

Valerie

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the birthday blocks. Mine is a January birthday and I have only received about 14 blocks. Granted, I am WAY late. I have about 1/2 of the ones I need to do ready to mail. Are we supposed to send blocks only to those that send to us? We have almost 60 people signed up, but I did not get 60 blocks. And to eveyone that I owe a block to....they ARE coming.

Linda in Louisiana

APQS Millie with CQ

If I remember right in the list that we got, there were some on there that stated they were only going to do their birthday month. I also believe that someone said they were only going to do a specific number.

I know that I am behind in sending mine out. I have been doing similar to Norece as far as size and color, trying to group together.

Mine is a November birthday and I had already received a block (Thanks again Norece).

We just need to remember to have fun with this.

:cool:

Alyn

I think each of us is doing this different. I have a Jan birthday and got alot of blocks during the month. Now they trickle in.

I have sent out 5 blocks so far and they are not going to be in any particular order. I might batch them by color, size, block design or whatever pleases me a the time.

I do plan to send one to each and every person on the list.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the replies. Jeanne, I did get yours. My first blocks are going out today. I am on the way to the post office when I finish this. I had, at first, said I was going to make blocks for the first 20 on the list, but since I have received blocks from quilters further down the list, I will make blocks for everyone. It is so exciting to get all the different blocks in. I am kinda glad others are late, too. I don't feel so bad. I will try and get all of January andf February blocks out by March 1.

Thanks again

Linda in Louisiana

APQS Millie with CQ

Hi All

First, I would like to thank Marilyn Jones, Susan Contreras, Leslie McSorley, Barbara Goodson, Janet Armstrong, Carol Hillary and Lorrie Houle. You blocks are so beautiful. I realize asking for anything Africian is a stretch for some, but you all did a great job. I don't know who is more excited about the blocks me or my DH.

I was away for my Feb 15th B-Day so what a fun surprise for me on coming home.

I am trying to keep one month out..........just finished with March. I'll tell you, November is going to be busy.............lots of birthday girls...9???? I've counted? Hope I can keep up. It really is so great to be on the receiving end.

Love of thanks

Kate Meyers

Wears Valley

Sevierville, TN

Fourteen! That is fantastic to get that many. I would imagine that you will get more than that by December. I have sent out nineteen and got three, one of which I need to reciprocate. However, I do have lots of fabric washed and ready for construction. Lots of ideas are tabbed in books and more fabric is set aside.

I'm putting on the brakes for a couple of weeks since I'm way ahead of schedule and need to get my two show quilts done. What's that sound that Jaws makes? I can hear it.

It's also great to hear so many grateful thanks and comments. I'm sure the giver feels appreciated, the fuel that keeps us burning with enthusiasm.

Vicki

Archived