DSM related question

Does anyone have an idea why, when I put in a 1/4 foot, or any foot with a smaller hole for the needle, the needle hits the foot?  Trying to sew my binding on my quilt and no matter which foot I use, if I put on a foot with a tiny hole, the needle hits it.  I have a Janome and I have the needle centered and have the machine on a straight stitch. I used to use this foot with no problem, and now suddenly I can't. Thanks for any help!

Peggy, machines that do more than straight stitch - even just zig zag, have play in the needle bar that allows the machine to do its stitches. It is likely your needle bar is slightly off which would be adjusted during a routine service. I would tell the tech it is doing this. When you have your foot up where does the needle align in the hole of the foot? Have you checked to see if your shank is on tight? Also, if your needle is too small you will also have needle flex just like on your long arm; try using a bigger needle. Finally, your needle also may be bent. Hope this helps!

Archived