Spammer Frequency

The spammers were very active last night.

Check the date of an entry on the front page before commenting, if very old then possibly a spammer. One of them last night, quoted from another post and then posted a link too.  Dare not click on the link.

If you go into the member page and look at the new content there was approximately 12 pages of spammer type names in a 24 hour time frame .

I think we need some tighter checks to make sure these new members are real first!

Spammers must register and then be accepted before they post. Many pages of registrants are rejected by the term "validating" on their info. But it looks like lots are getting accepted. Admin accepts them so they're responsible for the new onslaught of spam. Some registrants are obvious--with weird combos of letters. Some are using normal names and getting accepted. I get up early (4am) and sometimes there are many spam posts. It seems more prevalent in the last three months. I don't have a clue how to fix the issue and glad I don't have to decide who to accept and who to reject.

Archived