Heirloom Stockings - Progress

Just sharing some progress on heirloom sort of, Victorian style stockings I'm making for my three daughters...

10890730576_fb5d91ed8b.jpg

10890994173_796de4f32d.jpg

Super happy with how this is coming along!!  I still hate the way the veins of my feathers look...but love the detail even with its imperfections!  :)

Thank you all!!!

Jeannie - some call it orange peel, continuous curve, cathedral windows...I'm not sure what it's truly called but I've heard it called many things!  :)  It's very simple to make and extremely effective!  It's taken me a bit of practice to where I feel comfortable actually using it on a quilt/project though!  LOL  I created a crosshatch grid...and then in each square you bump all four inner and outer lines with a curve...and when you've done all the lines it creates the circular look...you can also mark the grid with removable ink and just quilt the curves...but I kind of like the cross hatch grid quilted in there too.  I adore Cindy Needham's linen quilts...this is inspired by her...I thought I'd put some beading in there too!

In the upper left corner, is that called orange peel? Whatever its called, how do you do it? :-)

Finished this one!!  Two more to go...and then the backs...and I still haven't decided if they will be fancy or not...lol   :)

BEAUTIFUL!  I haven't finished the back of some stockings I've made - the way mine hang on my fireplace, you can't see the back anyway?  But you could maybe just do one of your cool backgrounds on the backs?  Can't wait to see them finished!

Archived