Need help again batting coming though back

I am using size 4 needle wide back fabric batting is right way. But every 2 inches batting comes through back I have tryed loosening tension it isn't rolled tight. I have ordered smaller needles. I have tried 3 different needles the backing is dark blue I looked and last quilt and everything seems fine. Thanks for any ideas . The batting is cotton

Sometimes it's the batting......and sometimes it's not the batting, but could possibly be the way the fabric on back is woven. I've even had tufting occur with expensive quilt shop quality farbic. It happens sometimes!

The only suggestions I have are 1) change to a black batting (which might not be the best idea if the quilt top fabrics are light) or 2) get a dark blue pigma pen and lightly dot the tufting spots after you take it off the frame. I usually choose the second option.

Shana said everything I was thinking and then some. I can go for several quilts without a problem (same batting and needle size) and then it happens. That's ususally with a backing with a looser weaving, and it has been a name brand fabric that you wouldn't expect it from.

Archived