Gammill / Qbot question

I hope I don't offend anyone with this question.  And if so sorry in advance.

I know Gammill has their own quilting computer system.  However I own a Qbot.  Love it. Think the world of it and its a good sight less expensive....  However I see nothing on the Qbot site about it working on a Gammill.

Has anyone attached a Qbot to a Gammill with stitch regulator?  The model is Optimum but wanted to know if it has been done on any model.

Thanks.

Jeff

Yes I know they have a web site with a compatibility list... and it is not listed.  That doesn't mean it has not been done.

I bought the Qbot with a Pfaff Grand Quilter a few years ago.  I have out grown the Pfaff but not the Qbot.  I think the Qbot was my best purchase ever.  I have no ability with free motion quilting.

When contacting Gammill I have gotten only one reply. "Statler Stitcher".  I ask about Intelliquilter... they said "Statler Stitcher".  When I asked about Qbot... they said "Statler Stitcher".  I have talked to 7 different Gammill dealers from Arizona to Virginia and they each and everyone tried to convince me that anything but Statler Stitcher was a waste of time and effort.

When I talked to Qbot dealers they just didn't know.  When you go to the website and try and look at the compatibility list it bounces you to a blog that does not seem to work well with internet explorer 10.  was able to view one of the compatibility lists from that site but Gammill was not listed.  Several people said there were other compatibility lists and after downloading a different browser today, I did find a compatibility list that did say Gammill but it does not list any models.  It says nothing about parts needed to connect it to a Gammill.

Every Qbot dealer seems to sell a specific brand of quilter (Pfaff, Tin Lizzie, Nolting, etc.)  and only knows how to attach it to the quilters they sell or brands they have sold.  None of them seem to have sold Gammill's.  The Gammill dealers only want to sell "Statler Stitcher". 

At this point I am reaching out to the quilting community because someone has done it.  I am sure sooner of later I will find someone who knows someone. 

I found a picture of a Gammill with a Qbot on it.  It was on a website in France.  I have written the webmaster and hope to find out how they did it and what kind of a Gammill it is.

Thanks so much for replying to my post Marci.

I hope you find someone with experience retrofitting the Qbot to work, and really hope you get a response from that website in France. You are right, you sure are getting the runaround.  I really thought contacting them directly would have been an accurate means of researching but that sure doesn't seem to be the case for you.  There's someone out there who can figure this out for you - where there's a will, there's a way.  I've seen that happen here so many times.

• 1 year later...

I bought the Qbot with a Pfaff Grand Quilter a few years ago.  I have out grown the Pfaff but not the Qbot.  I think the Qbot was my best purchase ever.  I have no ability with free motion quilting.

At this point I am reaching out to the quilting community because someone has done it.  I am sure sooner of later I will find someone who knows someone. 

=======================================================

You might contact Show-Me Quilting, in Kansas City. They do an amazing job at customizing longarm quilting machines with various software. Their number is 816-313-8225. Their location is 6221 Blue Ridge Boulevard. Beth and Dave are Co-Owners, and might be able to suggest the best way to do this.

Al

• 7 months later...

An update about Q-Bot and Gammill.  A friend and I just installed a Q-Bot on her Gammill Classic Plus.  The Q-Bot folks she bought it from had to build a special installation kit for her.  Apparently they hadn't done a Gammill Classic Plus's before because she had to send them pictures and detailed measurments.  They made parts that didn't fit, and even mis-labled some, but in the end we got it done.  Actually it was really pretty easy once we got the parts we needed and got through their installation instructions.  (wrong parts, missing parts and photos that didn't match parts or machine)  She has just got it up and running this last week, and has quilted two quilts with it.  She's thrilled, thinks she'll love it.  Seems to be quite easy to use.  Jim

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

JimErickson - 

Any further word on how the QBOT is working on the Gammill?  I too, I have a QBOT, and love it.  I am going to purchase a Gammill, but don't have tons of money.  So I'd like to transfer it over.  Any further details, pictures would be would be helpful.

Thank you for sharing any information.

Archived