Pictures of the finished "wine/whine" quilt

Here's a link to Flickr shots of my latest challenge. I asked for sympathy a while ago and you all came through!

Top is heavily appliqued/embroidered on home-dec cream fabric with layers of fabric and heavy multi-strand embroidery. The sticky-backed stabilizer for the embroidery was left on--urk!

Added black and burgundy fabric is garment-lining fabric from Joanns. There was lots of fullness between the heavy fabric and the light fabric. It was far from square and no way to force it into squareness because of the poly fabric.

Here's the conclusion. I stitched large triangles in the full burgundy border to migrate the fullness into separate areas. Many of those triangles on one side have nice neat tucks taken in their centers, from the border seam out to the edge. The tucks in the red poly were surprisingly invisible when they were nailed down. Hooray!

She loved it! Even with the whoopsies pointed out to her, she was thrilled and didn't care. Yes, we had "the talk" and I think it whooshed over her head, she was so excited about the outcome. Go figure!

And guess what? One of those "mysterious ways" things happened. She just bought an APQS Ultimate longarm! She commented that her machine has the same "bird" on it! Her stack of UFOs is high and she thinks she may want to start a small business after she retires.

So I have a happy customer along with a great new friend and a potential new Moxie!

Life is good.

Where's the wine?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/larech/11244589996/

Arrow right for other pics and thanks for looking!

SHHHHHHHHHHH!  We don't want folks to know........that some of us....especially Linda.....can "quilt it out"    Beautiful!  So envious of your work and your taking on the challenges!  and....of your sharing how you did it....that is great and appreciated!  Lin

Thanks Linda for posting the pictures.  We can all learn from your experience.  Perseverance in using the skills we all have but sometimes doubt.  Each customer quilt we do teaches us something about our craft.  What a wonderful outcome!  Coming out on the positive side from a potentially negative situation just confirms to me that I made the right decision to become a machine quilter.  

Archived