Fantastic Thursday

Working on straight cross hatching blocks in a small quilt, and shudder!!  going over to the Factory Outlet Center in Smithfield..  need the Kitchen Connection..

hate shopping

hate large shopping centers

hate crowds..

LOL, I AM Determined to have a Good Time!  in spite of it.

Day is cold for us, mid 40'sF, it's still, so no bone chilling penetration thru clothes.

Sunny, beautiful, almost periwinkle blue sky.. a very small hint of pink in it.  One of my fav colors.

Play more with the Studio cutter.. I want to do a scrappy Tumbler, can't cut them until I get the adaptors

sometime late this week or early next.

Have a most blessed day..

Rita

Okay, I know all things are relative, but mid forites cold?!  In northern Minnesota we have been having -40 wind chills.  That is cold!  Although it is supposed to get above zero today for the first time in several days, so things are looking up!

I plan to finish piecing a quilt today and go to the grocery store, maybe get some wrapping done and a bit of reading. When I get the quilt finished I will post a picture.  It is a bargello design always "going down" in blues, greens and blue greens.  It makes me think of a tropical waterfall with  bits of greenery, so I think that is the way I will quilt it--flowy water kind of stuff in the blues and blue greens and vines in the greens.

Rental client called with a Migraine so I have three machines to keep running (all computerized).  All three are doing edge to edge pantos.  I said December 1st was the cutoff for quilts coming in for Christmas delivery but I am a softy.  Currently working on quilts that came in on 12/3 and 12/4 so I am keeping up pretty well. 

Happy to be working inside as it is unusually cold for December in SE Minnesota and my husband and boys are home working on frozen water lines to get water to livestock and trying to stay warm while they feed animals.  The south winds picked up a lot last night so temps are getting above zero today but the wind is still raw.

Maybe will find time to do a little Christmas shopping tonight as I haven't had time to start that yet...

I'm going to mail my Christmas cards (pretty late for me).  How do I still have so many to send?  I thought I had crossed just about everyone off my list this past year while going through my "ugly" stage...lol.  Oh well.  Sending out the money to the kids/grandkids who will be getting money instead of regular gifts.  Have to find time for a shower.  I'm waiting to be scheduled for an MRI...doc thinks I collapsed a disk in my back.  It's been pretty painful for past three weeks.  Several days I couldn't even walk.  Certainly reached for the heavy duty meds on this one.  ES Tylenol may have sufficed for breast surgeries, but it didn't do a thing for this most recent pain.  I'm assuming since I shouldn't be operating machinery while in this state that also means my Liberty.  I couldn't stand there anyway.  I'm trying to get microwave bowl holders made and it's been pretty humorous and slow going.  I've managed to get six made.  That's two a day...lol.  I cut myself some slack though because I still have to get up the stairs which is very slow going.

This has been the worst year I've ever had for ailments.  They keep telling me it's because of the radiation, but I'm ready to be done with all of it.  I was so happy to make it through Thanksgiving without any asthma flare-ups or dental problems and then my back messes up.  AAACCCKKK!!!!  I'm looking forward to a brand new year and lots of health.  I had been swimming 3-4 times a week for 7 weeks before this back thing.  I want to get back into it.  I felt so much better when I was doing something (anything) physical.  I can't be laid up...I have stuff to do.  I did get borders put on three quilts.  I'll take that as a great accomplishment.

We are cold for California...low to mid 40's.  It was 19 degrees the other night.  All of my pretty flowers and plants laid over and died.  I can't complain though because they aren't supposed to flower all winter.  That's just a perk we often get here in California.  I don't mind the cold because I don't have to go out in it except to let the puppy potty.  Kudos to my hubby who willingly took over the middle of the night potty run for me.  I get up at 4:30 with the little dickens, but that's not really a hardship on me because I get up early anyway.  I will say I've been hitting that bed about 9 pm though.  Oh no...I'm turning into an old person!  At least I am a well-rested old person...lol.  I laugh because I get up so early with him and he plays for about 15 minutes then goes to sleep for the next 3 hours.  I'll post a pic.  It's pretty funny.

99% sure I'm not going to decorate this year because of the back thing.  There won't be anyone here but hubby and me and I think we'll be ok without all the glitter. 

post-4696-0-59514800-1386866268_thumb.jpg

Scratching.  Yelp, scratching.  I am now allergic to one of my regular medications but I don't know which one yet.  I left off one last night and itched so it wasn't that one. Only a possible 4 more nights to go to decide which one it is.  At least I know it is not Mike I am allergic to.  He was gone last night.  I do plan to make a "Sample" block for my mother to add to her Christmas gifts (It's a how-to sample so she knows what to do while making her quilt.  I give her a pattern and the fabric to make a quilt each Christmas so she will have something to do while it is too cold to get outside.)

I'm working but I have next week off...and my plan is to QUILT, QUILT, QUILT! Maybe I'll actually have a show and tell by the end of the week! I just ordered the last Christmas gift, just have a few stocking stuffers left. Feels good to be done early and not in a panic.

A tiny bit of shopping is done. This year Den and I decided to settle on an amount to spend on each other and then buy gifts for ourselves! I'm going shopping for gifts for me this evening with my sister. Dennis keeps getting boxes of goodies he's ordered online. I decided we would wrap the others gifts so at least I know what I got him this year! :D

I have one quilt on the frame and two more in line and I'll be done with the December quilts. I made easy-peasey fudge last night, put it in the fridge to cool and and a good-sized notch was missing when I took it out this morning. Hmmmm.... maybe Santa crept in and recharged his energy in the night!

I'm trying really hard to get a very large (95" x 100") quilt done for a customer, but not going so well. 1st, not a big enough batting; order a king size; done. marked the piano key borders since I had time to kill; practice the panto for the center, since I had time to kill. I got the batting yesterday, loaded it this morning, and now I'm having machine troubles. This is why I don't usually quilt for others. If it was mine, I'd walk away for a day. Unfortunately, it is Christmas theme and she wants it ASAP. UGH!

No Christmas shopping or decorating done here yet. Shopping should be easy. The grands are getting too hard to buy for because they have Everything! Gift cards this year  :) . Trees going up tonight. 

Peggy

Still working on the 101" x 126" quilt...week 3 and I'm only halfway done. Luckily she doesn't want it by Christmas, but I have to get it done to get others quilted. Lots of marking and 5 different thread colors with each roll of the quilt. Just takes time. Four different types of feathers on it, and I really can't wait for it to get done! I'm hoping the 2nd half goes faster. This is definitely the longest quilt I've quilted.

Well cleaned the kitchen finished a customer quilt. Delivered her 5, and 1 to another client. Picked up pants and vest from cleaners, needed new zippers. I don't do zippers. Pieced a minkee top. Cooking dinner, then to piece another minkee top and quilt the 2 already done. Finish and bind all of them tomorrow, and set up for a craft fair tomorrow. Then I might get the house cleaned, tree up if it will fit in the puppy playpen, puppy escapes, so maybe tree will be safe. And start Christmas shopping. Oh and only 3 more customer quilts. A lady asked me today if she could drop one off and have it before Christmas! I asked her if she was going to go shopping for me. She is a friend so she laughed. She doesn't get it.

Anyone find that darn cloning machine yet.

Shirley

Had a headache most of the day. I really needed to work on a quilt that I need to have pieced, quilted, and mailed for Christmas. I received the material on Saturday; finally finished the cutting, and just started some of the piecing yesterday. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

My DW however is frantically folding the 200 paper sacks for our Luminaries that I still have to waterproof. 

Hey; I still have 12 days 5 hours 4 minutes and 48 seconds.... :blush:

Had BAD leg cramps last night so took the meds. My morning was a waste. Not one thing done but drink coffee and a enjoy a bagel with cream cheese. Did lunch watched my soap and then made a run to Walmart!!! Then went to Jacksonville to pick up Niko. His little sister Lulu is having surgery tomorrow so keep her in your prayers. Niko will stay until Saturday. I did finish the very last quilt for this year yesterday, It was a joy to do until I checked the back! Oh NO!!!Four rows and the bobbin was flat lined!!!! Yep had to rip out four rows!! She will pick the quilt up tomorrow. I forgot to mention, someone dropped off a quilt today but will be going up north and will not be back until Feb 2014 to pick the quilt up!  Yea!!!!!  Have a great day tomorrow everyone!! :)

Spent the day catching up from being down a few days with a nasty sinus infection and headache. Much better this morning so made two fitted car seat swaddling blankets for our DD and SIL who are expecting #2 in February. Started putting together a Thomas the Train crib size quilt for grandson.  Also spent the morning cutting out and assembling minky covered diaper inserts for them, also. They are so awesome compared to flat fold diapers!

Then hubby and I went to town to pick up some supplies and find out about some tests he needs done.  He had been quite sick with the flu from the end of September until a couple weeks ago. For two months he had fevers, terrible chest congestion and such a cough, and quite a high heart rate that hasn't gone down much.  When he was seen the last week of November the Dr. gave it three more weeks to settle down. It didn't, so they did blood work including the thyroid, and his thyroid THS was 0.02 - normal is .4 to 5.5! So part of his illness has been hyperthyroid.  MRI scheduled of his thyroid to figure out what may be going on, and 24 hour heart monitor to make sure nothing else with that.   We're hoping to have an enjoyable weekend as will be one of our grandson's first birthday party - today is his birthday.  They will be coming up our way tomorrow, and our DD and DSIL will also be coming up for the party.  Love it when we can see all the kids and grands together!

I had grand plans on reorganizing my sewing room...... :rolleyes:   then hubby planned out my day by insisting I do a ride along with him to pick up some fencing materials.  Was a nice drive, winter wonderland with all the snow. Very festive looking.  Have all of my shopping done, decorations up, baking and candy making done and all Christmas quilts finished for clients.  I guess I can relax and just do what ever I want before the first of the year hits. :P  

Hey wait it is Friday!  No idea where Thursday went.  I'm home sick today.  Not feeling great so I'm sewing Christmas PJ's for the girls.  Nothing like last minute!  I don't have my tree up either.  Tomorrow is supposed to be cookie day.  Hopefully I'll feel more up to it.  I just don't know where the month of Dec. has gone!  I'm ready for it to be over and to slow down.  

OMG did yesterday ever go astray from my plans.   LOL, That's becoming normal..

Did a lot of cross hatch on the quilt, nearly finished with that.. went to factory outlet

and blew a wad in the Kitchen Collection store.. got an 8 qt. pressure cooker so we

can do the larger pieces of meat, corned beef for example, and a complete meat/

vegie meal for the kids..

Had a great, relaxing, very-early-for-us-supper  at Cracker Barrell..  Got home and

found out the one part we need for the heat pump, which they ordered, hasn't come

yet, though it was promised to be delivered by this past Mon.

Can't buy another feather weight as we just might need the $$ for a new heat pump.

will be glad when we have something to heat up the house a bit in the mornings. 

18F  doesn't leave us with a warm house.. won't leave space heaters running when

gone or over night.

Anyway, got a binding measured for another little kids quilt, and am ready to hit the

quilt room and cross hatch and sew the binding when taking a break from the Lenni.

Had a bowl of home made ice cream, and another bowl of pills, and went to bed

a happy overstuffed "mature Adult"  ( eeeeeeeeekk hate that term.)

I just tell folks I'm an old duck.

(Not the Christmas goose!)     :P

Quacking Rita      :D  :D  ;)

Archived