Thanks to Rebecca

Tuesday night, Rebecca came over and worked over my machine and now I can sew without breaking every few inches. Still have something rubbing where the rocker arm is but I sewed 2 rows last night with no breakage. YAY!!!!!!!!!

She did find another burr on my needle plate and the bobbin casing had sharp edges on it (threw that one away). Found out some other places I was suppose to oil that I didn't know about. Readjusted the decoder wheels so they weren't so tight and then readjusted because one was too loose. It was a joy to sew last night with a like new machine.

Learned a new tip I will have to try every time I change threads.

Hopefully tonight I can get this quilt done so I can get the binding on and get it in the mail by next week.

Thank you Rebecca.

And thank you to everyone that sent suggestions. Believe me, I tried them all.

'Found out some other places I was suppose to oil that I didn't know about.'

Great to hear things are going much better now!  I keep learning so much about our machines here.  Now you have me wondering, though, other than the wicks and the bobbin case - what else are we to oil? (grimacing here)  My machine doesn't have an owners manual, but I'd picked up enough info on this machine that I thought I was doing all the right spots.  Can you please share your new found knowledge so I am making sure I'm hitting them all.  When I had the I/S added to my machine one of the guys asked how often I oiled my machine. I told them I oiled the wicks when I touched them and didn't have much oil on my fingertip as well as the bobbin case each time I started the machine and between if doing a lot of quilting.  Nothing more was said, but I always wondered about that question.  Thanks, in advance, for letting me in on the oiling places!

Marci, Sorry, I didn't check this again for awhile. We took the side panel off on the right side and oiled the rocker arm and the shaft behind it that has like a black cap on it. Hope that makes sense.

Chatty94, sorry I don't know your name, the trick is to, close your eyes and pull the bobbin and top thread at the same time to feel if they feel equal in tension. I had my top tension too tight.

Archived