Quilt Path Manual

bearlea

Can anyone tell me if there is a manual available for quilt path. I have watched the videos available online but I have so many unanswered questions. First and foremost at the moment ..what happens if you have to shut down in the middle of a quilt you started. That happened to me and It would not let me start on the row I needed to get back to it started right back at the beginning..what a mess....but I have other things about the quilt path I would like to know about and they would probably be helpful in a manual if there is one.

You can contact me and I can maybe answer your questions. Karen Wheeler and Angela Clark also, as well as Angela Huffman. Thread Waggle blog is helpful, she posts weekly, except she isn't doing it in December. I plan on writing a better one in January.

In answer to the question you did ask, yes there is a manual, I found it pretty basic, and if you stop halfway thru a quilt, you can shut down and start where you left off the next day. I don't think that is in the manual, but I can help you with that. They are still adding things and improving the system and there is a priority list they are adding them.

I have found it worth my investment especially this rush season. I was able to quilt customer quilts and piece quilts at the same time.

Shirley

Try saving your file and you can start back on a specified row in QuiltMotion.

I have left the system on and come back later to continue. In QuiltMotion when you want to switch between rows, there's a little box on screen in the lower left corner when clicked will show you what row it is quilting. Be sure to mark a spot on the quilt as a place to add your next row and do not move the quilt at all. If you want a manual for Quilt Path is in the Help and some instructions are on CabinLogic's website.

I've had my Quilt Path for almost 2 weeks now... thrilled that set up was so quick and easy, had it stitching in no time.  Awesome!   However, I am more than a little disappointed with the manual.  It basically tells you what the various buttons in the software are for and what the system is capable of.... but is lacking terribly in explaining how to execute any of them.  I printed the manual and am part way through reading it.  The few actual instructions I've found so far have been covered nicely in the videos.  Great videos by the way, I thought they were done very well.... but wow... we need more of them!!  Can someone please tell us when there will be more videos?  or online classes??  I feel like I've spent a lot of money on a system that is capable of doing so much, with virtually no step by step instructions.  Borders & corners is one of the first things that comes to mind...I see all these amazing digital patterns for continuous borders with no idea how to place the border, hook it to a corner, and stitch it out.  I know I will love Quilt Path.... I just want to know I will be able to actually use all of it features! 

Last I heard the corner with borders wasn't fixed yet. I have done borders all the way across top and bottom, turned quilt and the did what was the sides, butting up to the all the way across ones and it looks fine. I know it was on the list of things to work on. They were recommending putting a separate motif in the corner to handle it for now, but I have just done it the other way.

What I have found is by just playing on quilts and learning as I go, but some days are longer than others.

Shirley

Hi Everyone,

I'm still diligently working on a tutorial manual to accompany the help files that come with each Quilt Path. We will be updating all Quilt Path owners with this when it's complete. Of course, since there are several different ways to accomplish the same task in software, we still encourage you to play a bit and explore. 

Be sure to check out dealer Angela Clark's blog, where she's putting great tips about Quilt Path each week:

http://www.threadwaggle.blogspot.com/

In the meantime, if you DO have a question on how to accomplish something, just call me. I'll be happy to walk you through it. Sometimes it's much easier to learn if you are right at your tablet following along than reading in a book anyway! This will also help me to learn what techniques are most important to you as you use your software.

Thanks for your patience as I get that hammered out!

Thank you Dawn!  It's encouraging to know that help is on the way.  While you work on the tutorials, I'll play... and work on the patience part! 

I'm still so impressed how smoothly the set up and install went.... did most of it by myself, only needed to ask hubby for a set of hands to help install the new carriage, slide Millie back on, and put the takeup/leveller bars back.  He was proud of me for getting it up and running on my own :P  And by the way... I love the new M&M wheels!  I thought the Edgeriders were smooth.... the M&M wheels are awesome! 

• 4 years later...

Christine, have you watched the APQS Quilt Path videos on YouTube? Lots of great info there. And we need to get you on the Quilt Path User Group page on Facebook. If you will find me on Facebook (Barbara Mayfield/Barbara Jeanne Potter), and send me a Friend Request, I'll get you added.  That being said, that page is only available to actual APQS Quilt Path owners - owners of other Grace Co. products (Quilt Motion, Quilter's Creative Touch, Nolting's Quiltmagine, etc.) will have to work with their machine manufacturers for further support.

• 9 months later...

If you'll find me on Facebook (Barbara Mayfield/Barbara Jeanne Potter) and send me a Friend Request, I can get you added to the group. It is indeed active! In fact, there's usually someone watching the group 24/7, either an APQS Rep or a Quilt Path owner, who can answer nearly all your questions. It's a great place to share and learn!

Hi Barb,

I sent a Friend request right after I wrote this note this morning.  Am so very much looking forward to really using my Quilt Path and brand new Freedom.  Currently, I'm using my 2007 Freedom - which I love, to do the work I need to do.  Want to get up to speed with Quilt Path.

Thanks much!

Andi ( Resilient Quilter)

• 1 month later...

Hi Barb, I have also sent a friend request (I think) as I'm disappointed in the resources available for QP.  I've read the manuals and watched the videos, what has happened to Dawns promise of a more indepth manual from 2013?  What measurement is the grid in QP design and when I resize a design there and go to quilt it why does the system resize it from 2 inches to 7 inches??

Archived