LucyPrairie

Clearance around a 12 ft table

My first long arm is in route and I'm trying to arrange my sewing space.  How much room do I need to have in terms of clearance on the sides of a 12 ft. table?  I have plenty of depth and I've got the 12 ft in length but it'll put it awfully close to the guest bed that we very much need . . . .

I like 2 feet in front of the machine, 3 feet on the back, you can put one end up against the wall. If you have the power advance it takes about 8 more inches in length. Just enough room around one end to walk around, or others have crawled under.

Shirley

I have 18" one end I can walk around the other end motorised feed is almost against a cupboard.

Lyn Crump   Hand Guided 2013 Millenium Blissed and Gliding    APQS Sales Rep SE Qld Australia   www.busyquilting.com.au   On Facebook and Instagram as BusyQuilting

Attitude is everything - So pick a good one!

I have 18" one end I can walk around the other end motorised feed is almost against a cupboard.

This is similar to the way I had my machine set-up before I moved this year. The motorised feed overlapped a windowsill and I had about 2 feet in front of the machine and 3 feet on the backside.  I am enjoying having more space now but I managed for 6 years or more with this set-up

Anne

Anne Harmon 802 876 7535 Harmony Quilts & Designs harmonyquiltsvt@gmail.com 2005 APQS Millennium Authorized APQS Dealer

The motorized end is against the wall and the opposite end is 23" from the wall.  That works just fine for me.  Of course, I'd love more room but am glad I have what I do.

Congratulations on your machine!  We'll be anxious to hear from you when you're up and running!

Pat C