One more in progress...all without stitch regulation!

I just had to share with you all one more in progress shot...I'm so happy with how this is coming out I can barely believe that I quilted it myself!!!  :)  There is a lot I will do differently on the next quilt so if nothing else this quilt was a big lesson in putting the fantastic bigger than life ideas I have in my head on a real live quilt.  Wheeew!  I'm about 1/3 of the way done with the quilting of this...then I've got beading and some cording I'd like to attach to help even out the issues I had with the bias tape.

Guess what else???  In three short weeks I will have had my non stitch regulated 14 year old APQS Ultimate 1 long arm for a YEAR!  :)  I gotta say - I have come a ways from looping stars!!!  :)  Yay!!! 

11578619286_2f53f10152.jpg
1507136_722729871073602_1315424863_n by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

Wow, Valerie!  You're turning out some marvelous work.  I remember relying so much on my stitch regulator and taking a class from Nichole Webb, who does not allow you to use the SR in her classes.  I was terrified, but found it really freeing to turn that regulator out and go for it.  Once you get passed the initial panic, you can really amaze yourself with what you can do.  I either end up using templates or my IQ too often, and forget what fun it is to just let the motor run and head out on the highway.  I'm just finishing a bunch of maintenance on my machine and think I'll throw something on for playing in manual before resuming business in January. 

Keep it up - that non-stitch-regulatred machine seems to suit you very well.

Thank you all for your awesome comments, you make me feel great!!!  I cannot wait to finish this...wheew!!!  I am almost to the half way point...

Tyra - I look at everyone's work, show quilts, all of my favorite quilters...I'm a huge quilter nerd fan.  LOL!  Karen McTavish and Sharon Schamber are two big ones that I adore and always sort of incorporate bits that I learned from them in my quilting...Cindy Needham with the vintage linens and really traditional wholecloth quilting...also Margaret Solomonn Gunn is becoming a big one, she isn't really well known just yet unless you follow the show circuit but her quilts are in magazines all the time and she has a blog where she shares a lot...she wins a ribbon just about every time she puts a quilt out!!  LOL!  All of you here who share your pictures give me lots of great ideas too!!!

- Valerie

Where do you get your ideas for quilting? I am trying to get "out of the box" but am evidently not creative enough

• 1 month later...

Archived