What did you get for Christmas?

I got a barn!  Yes, I am so excited about my barn!  It is only 26X12 with two 6 foot lofts but OMG I have places to put stuff now!  And, the garage can actually be only for the cars!  This is ALMOST as good as fabric or a new machine!  Now, for you ladies and gents who actually live on a farm and have several barns....keep in mind I live in a quiet neighborhood (we can't actually see one another) and no one I know has a barn - but me!  I know they are jealous!

Sylvia, you have a place for your stash now, LOL...........................maybe you should keep the garage, too, just in case!  I asked hubby for the Interchangeble feet and installation! He did both and my machine and feet are awesome! That was all that was on my list this year.

Carol, I got no quilty gifts so I am jealous.

Norma, you gave up lots of stuff for that Villa.  It must be awfully nice!

quiltnb, I live in good-ole-hot-MS!!! 

Lisa, I can't put my stash out there!!!  I have to put OTHER stuff out there to clear up space INSIDE for my stash!  And, you are the only dear I know who got feet for Christmas!

Shana, he heard me talking about it around 2 years ago but it only got added to the sleigh this year.

My husband bought me a folding wagon! It will be great for retreat and bringing my mother's groceries to her! It folds up and I can keep it in my car all of the time. Sometimes I might need it to leave the quilt shop! My brother had my name for the name draw and gave me a gift certificate to the local quilt shop! Pretty good for a single guy in his 50's!

Cheryl

The barn sounds cool Sylvia. Cheryl I have seen those folding wagons. They are very neat. I got all quilty things this year. I got Proline rulers, nested oval templates, and the CL circle thingy. DH really had to do his home work this year and he came through. And, my big surprise was a BEAUTIFUL quilt chest. I had seen it at a quilt show several years ago and wrote the info down and gave it to hubby when I got home. Never really thought about it again. Man was I surprised. I LOVE it.

Peggy

Gee I got a set of sheets! If hubby wouldn't wait until 2 days before Christmas I could have gotten a want instead of a need. But don't feel bad for me I got Quilt Path earlier in the year! So life is good. It's hard to buy for someone that just buys what they want/need. He is the same, but I at least make an effort.

Shirley

I got a lovely pendant and earring set, but Mom & I together got a Accuquilt Go Baby, and several dies for it. I have the Studio cutter, that I absolutely love, but it is big and bulky and takes up a lot of space. I wanted something that Mom would use when I'm not around, and that she can use for small stuff. The Go Baby fits the bill perfectly, and she is thrilled with it and the applique dies I ordered for her. All around, a very good Christmas!

Sylvia, congrats on the barn!

WOW! A barn is awesome.

I wonder how Santa got that on his sleigh!?!

My favorite Christmas gift was having all 3 kids home.

It's been a difficult year with so many ups & downs for us that I was thrilled to have my babies here with me & Phil.

Those 3 great kids chipped in and got me a giftie for my favorite quilt shop.

I already used it.

Retail therapy was a perfect pick me up after I dropped DD at the airport to head home yesterday.

My husband got me a Tutto rolling machine caddy so I can take my machine to retreats more easily.  He is also working on a new sewing desk that I designed.  I have been unwilling to part with the kind of money it takes to buy a nice sewing desk,especially since none of them are the exact right shape or size for my sewing room.  I can hardly wait until it is done! Then he will build some matching selves for storage up to the ceiling.  The higher reaches will be for general subject books, not quilty stuff.  They will all match the custom cutting table and shelves he made a few years ago.  While I kind of dread taking time away from sewing, I really look forward to better organization.  Maybe I will be able to find things finally!  I will post pictures when it is all done.  This husband is number two and is quite handy--a huge improvement over the practice hubby.

My son's girlfriend of two years got me a gift certificate for a local fabric store.  I think she may be a keeper!

well...nothing related to quilting...my family refuses to support my "habit" although I think they were thinking of getting me a stay at rehab  :)  ....anyway...they did support my bird watching habit....and I got packages of suet, a woodpecker feeder for the suet. and a gift card to the local bird shop  so...that is pretty good and don't tell....but it does support my quilting habit.....I have the bird feeders positioned where I can see the birds while I am piecing away.....Lucey is in the basement....only have tiny windows there...but who knows...someday I may see a four legged critter peering in at me as they are stealing seed from beneath the feeder....

LOL, reading Dave's comment brought to mind a little ditty.

Put 3 or 4 cottong balls, or the little peanut thingies in a

sandwich bag, with it put the little note that says:

You've been naughty

so here's the scoop,

all you get for  Christmas 

is snowman poop.

r you can use peanuts in the shell

for reindeer poop.  lol

It always gets a lot of laughs.

Christmas,  Gift card from one daughter

a peacock colored clear glass pitcher, a

fairly small one, from the other

a jacket from one granddaughter

a brooch and 2 pair of earrings from

the other granddaughter,

and I'm trying hard to remember what

himself got me,  slacks and 3 tops,

but something else, too.  Hanged if I can

remember.  I know I'm bad.

Golly, I just remembered, the clothes he got me.

a pair of slacks ( I went from size 12 to size 8,

no wonder they are baggy!) and 3 tops.. dressy

type for once.

Sorry, Himself..my brain. well you know all about it. :D

Rita

Archived