New Pantograph Tool ---- Makes doing pantographs or picture images a breeze!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More new videos going up this morning on my website and adding the purchase information also.

post-1404-0-61216200-1400084993_thumb.jpg

http://www.2sistersquilting.com/PrecisePantographSystem.html

Previewed them at a local longarmers meeting last night in Boise, it was awesome!

Thank you to all of my APQS family for your outstanding support and your comments and reviews.... I can't wait to hear from you when you get your systems to see your pictures in using this system!

I can not tell you how much this has changed my own personal views of doing pantographs!!! The current model will fit any APQS model head. There are many other adaptations in the works for other machines as we speak. We are simply overwhelmed at this moment from the response of APQS owners and other manufacturers, this invention truly will be a "revolution"  to our industry!

As to those of you with computerized systems, there is still a gap that this attachment will fill. This system allows you to be creative...all while sitting comfortably in your chair, following your designs with ease.

Thank you all for your continued support, purchases and comments. It is our pleasure to help you to quilt with pantographs and printed designs more efficiently.

Don't hesitate to send me a personal email at pps@2sistersquilting.com. You can see purchasing information at our web page. http://www.2sistersquilting.com/PrecisePantographSystem.html

I wish I could see this system in person and get a hands-on test drive. I think I have plantar fasciitis going on from limping funny because of my arthritic knees. Quilting is taking its toll and sitting down would be a welcome treat. If anyone in the central California area is thinking of buying one and wouldn't mind demo'ing it to me, I'd love to see it!!! Oma, how about you?? LOL

Hi guys.  I had a really busy day and I was so pooped I just sat in my chair and became a vegetable this evening.  Mine didn't come today.  Tracking says it left San Jose today though so maybe tomorrow.  I'd be happy to have you come try it out Bonnie.  I'm not too far from you.  If that works for you just let me know and we'll pick a day. 

I just received mine today and hope to be up and running tomorrow. I found out that I will have to raise my leveler bar a little. I can't wait to try it out. I gave up on pantographs because I just couldn't do them.

Gail

Mine arrived yesterday.  Looks very simple and straight forward to attach.  I panicked at first because there wasn't a laser light on my machine.  Oh no!!!  I was sure I had a laser light even if I had never used it.  Evidently because I never did pantographs I had taken it off and put it away.  I got it back out last night and after I work on my second baby quilt a little more today I will get it put on my machine.  I think I'm going to really love this little invention.  I'm on a time deadline for these baby quilts because they have to go with me the first of June to Grants Pass.  I don't know if anyone has noticed yet, but June first if breathing down my neck.  Gotta get busy. 

Great to hear that you did receive your "Precise" Pantograph System Oma!  And that you found your laser light.

I am doing some pictures today to show you how to align your pantograph with the "Precise" Pantograph System for those of you that are visual :)

The short version is this:

As you are standing at the back of the machine and table is your reference for these tips.

You have approx. 14" of working area of a panto from the bottom of the design to the top before there should be a need to adjust your leveler bar. So if you are doing 8" 10" 12" or 14" designs there should not be a need to change anything.  There are some pantos that have a "repeat" of the design on the top and bottom of the paper to help you with your "line up" for the next row.  You only need a tiny reference here, not 2-3" as some patterns are printed. 

Start by putting your paper pattern at the farthest left position on your table that your laser can point to. This should be no more than maybe an inch from the back of the table area, again check that you can point the laser and be able to trace the pattern comfortably.  You will need only a reference point for the design at the top and bottom of the paper pattern.  I fold the bottom of the paper pattern at the back of the table to fit if I need to.  Test your paper pattern's position to make sure that you can trace the top and bottom areas of the paper pattern.  All fits?  No need to adjust anything on the rollers. :)

(A tip here is to have a plastic table covering to help align your panto straight. I use the PatternGrid® (http://www.coloradoquiltingcompany.com/documents/The%20PatternGrid.htm)%C2'>
This also allows me to fold my paper pattern easily with the help of the plastic holding the pattern onto the table. )

If your paper design is larger than your "Precise" Pantograph System will slide just underneath your leveling bar (It only needs the space to go under, not anything more).  This can be different on everyone's machine if you are using "fat" battings for instance. 

Now check that the "Precise" Pantograph System can slide under the leveler bar in relationship to your actual paper pattern. Note the approximate distance that the bar needs to be raised, 1/8", 1/4".  The leveling bar can be adjusted easily (it is a good idea to have a buddy help though as the bar is really heavy and it is much easier to have help.  I have done it several times by myself, but it is faster and easier with a buddy to help!) Have your buddy hold the end by the power advance feed (the left side of the bar) as you loosen the other end (right side) and slip the bar out of the Hyme bolt. Raise the leveler Hyme bolts on both sides the same number of turns, this is important to keep it level, and replace roller bar. Make sure you have tightened it really tight!  (Another note here is that I have a really old APQS, 2005, the Hyme bolts are not as long (the length of the actual screws) as other tables have, so mine are at their maximum height.  Yours is just that, yours, and may be different.

Now that you have raised, if you needed to, the leveler bar, check the "Precise" Pantograph System again to ensure that it will accommodate your pattern.

The next thing to consider is that the "Precise" Pantograph System needs to have a little extra space on the left side for the quilting on your quilt top.  I have a centering measuring tape attached to my leveler bar that I can see where the sides of my quilt are as I am quilting to keep it rolling straight as I advance my quilt.  When using the "Precise" Pantograph System I can offset loading my quilt to the right by noting that the left side of the backing may be at one number such as 53" from the front looking at my tape and 70" at the right side.  The pictures might give you a better idea. 

post-1404-0-60261300-1400687895_thumb.jpgpost-1404-0-22319200-1400687927_thumb.jpgpost-1404-0-19133100-1400687957_thumb.jpgpost-1404-0-98842700-1400687989_thumb.jpgpost-1404-0-79771200-1400688023_thumb.jpgpost-1404-0-31790800-1400688057_thumb.jpgpost-1404-0-31924100-1400688092_thumb.jpgpost-1404-0-62118600-1400688123_thumb.jpgpost-1404-0-31924100-1400688092_thumb.jpgpost-1404-0-62118600-1400688123_thumb.jpgpost-1404-0-01121600-1400688160_thumb.jpgpost-1404-0-48579600-1400688192_thumb.jpg

I am going to have to order one of these it looks really easy to use. I'm anxious to see how the people that ordered one like it. I have some really pretty pantographs that I would like to stitch out.

Thanks for inventing such a wonderful tool to help us with pantographs.

Marti

I am going to have to order one of these it looks really easy to use. I'm anxious to see how the people that ordered one like it. I have some really pretty pantographs that I would like to stitch out.

Thanks for inventing such a wonderful tool to help us with pantographs.

Marti

Marti,

The reviews are coming in from our first customers, all are thrilled with the ease of quilting even the most intricate, and beautiful, designs and pantographs with the "Precise" Pantograph System.  And the bonus here is that you are comfortably sitting down!  The control of which you can follow the lines is more ergonomic because you are in front of the design and with your fingers gliding the "A" frame you can effortlessly trace in a more natural position.

Thank you also for your kind words.  The response has been tremendous!  We are now taking orders for the shipment of units arriving June 6 and have already sold about half of that order!  This really has seemed to fill a niche that pantograph quilters have needed for quite some time, myself included!  I am my own best customer and cheerleader to it's precise method that worked to help me. 

So, basically, this is just a two-handled attachment so you can get closer to the pantograph itself and quilt.  It doesn't really do anything to control your precision on the pantograph, it just gives you a different method for guiding your machine?  

Linda,

I would ask you to see for yourself the videos before making a conclusion about the "Precise" Pantograph System.  Ask the new users if they have more control over the precision on the pantograph and you will hear a resounding "OMG yes!  "

At the HMQS show in SLC the gals that actually got to try out the "Precise" Pantograph System installed on a machine were amazed.  Even the most seasoned pantographers were shocked at the difference in accuracy and precision that they were able to control their tracing of the pantograph design.  First they did some stitching the old way, then on the "Precise" Pantograph System sitting down and comfortable, then stood back up and tried the old way again.  No comparison, and they decided then that the old way was just that, the old way!

That said, this may not be for you, but for many this will be a blessing!  We are all getting older.  Mobility issues and physical abilities for some (bad hips, knees, backs, shoulder pain to name a few will be alleviated), eyesight from 3 feet away and head cocked to one side (you are sitting, closer to your work, able to see the laser light), standing for hours (sit and quilt in your own rolling chair), and the actual hand control from the "A" frame handles (more control makes for more precise accuracy of tracing and the ergonomics of moving the machine) will make this system their choice.

Linda,

I would ask you to see for yourself the videos before making a conclusion about the "Precise" Pantograph System.  Ask the new users if they have more control over the precision on the pantograph and you will hear a resounding "OMG yes!  "

At the HMQS show in SLC the gals that actually got to try out the "Precise" Pantograph System installed on a machine were amazed.  Even the most seasoned pantographers were shocked at the difference in accuracy and precision that they were able to control their tracing of the pantograph design.  First they did some stitching the old way, then on the "Precise" Pantograph System sitting down and comfortable, then stood back up and tried the old way again.  No comparison, and they decided then that the old way was just that, the old way!

That said, this may not be for you, but for many this will be a blessing!  We are all getting older.  Mobility issues and physical abilities for some (bad hips, knees, backs, shoulder pain to name a few will be alleviated), eyesight from 3 feet away and head cocked to one side (you are sitting, closer to your work, able to see the laser light), standing for hours (sit and quilt in your own rolling chair), and the actual hand control from the "A" frame handles (more control makes for more precise accuracy of tracing and the ergonomics of moving the machine) will make this system their choice.

I did watch the video before making a comment.  You still have to trace the pantograph yourself.  This is just doing it from a different angle.  If that really helps you, then I guess that's good, but I cannot see where this would improve anyone's precision.  It's still how well you move your machine that counts.  This reminds me too much of trying to move a quilt under the needle while quilting at a DSM.  True, you're not moving the quilt, so you're not pushing bulk, but eventually, you're going to have the same muscles tensing up that you use while sewing.  Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I have been using the PPS since yesterday on a queen size quilt and I have to say that I couldn't be more pleased with the stitch out. I haven't had a lot of experience with Pantographs but what I did have I was not happy with. Standing up and trying to stitch the pattern out just didn't work for me, for the 1st time I am actually having fun, and liking the results, using this system.

How big is this thing, how much quilting space is lost before hitting the frame?   Does it flex or twist as you move it around causing the laser point to move off it's mark?  Being such a long arm off the side does it tourque the machine when you apply pressure or rest your hands on the A-frame handle?  

I can't open the two pictures (actually 4, but I think they are the same) above showing the PPS and pantos, am I doing something wrong...I can view all the others?

I really like the idea as I tend to find pantos to be a pain...so I'm really interested in everyone's feedback.

Thanks

Sorry, I could not respond over the weekend... A much needed rejuvenation was in process in the mountains!

The PPS system can be removed easily when you need to.

The arm is only about an additional 16" out from where the old laser was, so not much room is sacrificed if you offset your top to the right side of your frame when loading.

This system has no flex or give when using, and increases your control over the design on the table.

Archived