unable to install new needle bar

kimjohny

I just received a new needle bar from Amy.  I was able (easily) to remove the old needle bar but unable to get the new one to slide into the set screw.  It seems that the new bar is thicker than the old one.  I've made sure there are no burrs where the needle bar screw goes in.  Put a call into the service dept. but it seems they are gone for the day.  Anyone have experience with this problem?  It's gonna be a long weekend if I can't get this installed.

So glad this forum exists.

Kim, if you're fairly certain that the needle bar is just a "skosh" bigger than your older one, you might be able to use fine sandpaper (or emery cloth) to sand it down just a little.  But first, send an email to service@apqs.com (marked "high priority") - Dawn & Amy monitor those emails, so you might get an answer pretty quickly.

Again thanks for all the help.  I got the needle bar back in after more sanding.  I have gotten an education this last year on how to fix quite a few problems with my Millenium.  Couldn't have fixed any issues without the help of this forum, Amy, and Dawn.  Funny how afraid I was of breaking something and/or making it worse.  Thanks for participating in the forum!

Archived