Eureka Quilt took a loooooooooong time to quilt

I thought I was never going to get done with this customer quilt, but I finished it yesterday.  It is 100" x 118" and has five So Fine thread colors, Hobbs 80/20 batting, 4 different types  of feathers, cross hatching, lots of SID, etc.  I had a hard time trying to figure out what to quilt.   I used an idea HeidiM had posted a few years back with making the trees around the center, and the rest I drew out myself.  The bendable ruler sure came in handy for the spines of the feathers in different areas (thank Linda Rech for that idea a few years back, too).  This forum has been so helpful that I don't know what I would have done without it and the invaluable information that others so graciously share.  Big thanks again to forum members and APQS for this forum!  Thanks for looking!

11963812746_05e8eabc3c.jpg
Eurekafull by chrometopquilts, on Flickr

11963421894_4a9516cbdf.jpg
Eurekacorner by chrometopquilts, on Flickr

11963425054_1de36c466e.jpg
Eurekacenter by chrometopquilts, on Flickr

11963810496_79c3630a12.jpg
Eurekatop by chrometopquilts, on Flickr

Awe, thank you everybody!  The customer was speechless when she came to pick it up.  I had to tell her to breathe and then provided a chair for her to plop in while she couldn't take her eyes off it.  Can you believe she told me she hated the pattern but she was outvoted on what pattern to choose to sew on in her stitch group!  She did an awesome job piecing it and picking colors. 

LibbyG, can't wait to see what you quilt on yours! 

SewHappy, I took a picture of part of the back, but you can't see the quilting because the print was so busy. 

Cindy, you really did an over-the-top job on this quilt!! I love all the different elements, perfect choices, especially love the cross hatching next to the beautiful feathers.

This is a complicated log cabin with stars, my personal favorite-- I really love the pattern. It sounds like others have done this also, is the pattern name "Eureka" ?

Archived