Sending Millie in for Spa Treatment

After 7.5 years and simple repairs made by me, I am sending in my baby for a tune up.  Not sure why this makes me so nervous but it does.  I got everything done except that darn back axle.  I cannot get the two stinking screws off.  I think they were put on by gorillas. 

Fortunately, my buddy is coming over to save me.  I just hope he can get them off. 

I know once I get my baby back, I will be happy I sent her in.  Did sending your machine in make you nervous too?  I swear, I can be such a stinking head case sometimes.  Ugh.

Had this done just before Christmas--while we were off visiting my son and family.  Dropped Gracie off at APQS in Carroll and picked her up the day after Christmas.  I admit, it felt a bit like leaving a kid at college but they took great care of her and I love how thorough they were.  Even replacing screws on the cover that looked a bit stripped.  She sews like a dream now and all those little nagging issues have been fixed.  I would do it again in a minute.  I had the interchangeable feet installed and love that too.  Can't say enough good things.

I had a heck of a time getting the back axle off.  I stripped the screws trying to do it.   Without a husband or significant other, I relied on my good friend Phillip to bail me out.  He got the stinking screws out and helped me but the machine back into the box.  I have it all packed up, now I just need to get it to UPS.  I need to ship it by this coming Friday for the week of January 27th. 

This poor guy is probably going to have to help me get it back assembled on the table.  I try and do everything I can on my own but sometimes you just need help.  :-p

I was just starting to have a few naggy type issues, Shana.  I felt that it would be good to send the machine back and have it gone over.  I quilt maybe one day a week but after 7 years, I am sure there could be a few things that need attention. I would rather have it professionally checked out so I know it will be right.

I know the grease needs repacking, my thread cutter doesn't work, my laser light or assembly seems to have a short in it so I am sending that also.  I also want the interchangeable hopping feet.  All good reasons to send it back it.

I bet that Amy and the Service group laugh when they see how I put the mother and daughter circuit boards back in.  I did assure Amy that I did not use chewing gum!

Love my Millie!!!

for those of you who are thinking of having the spa treatment and other work done on your machines, be sure to call for an appointment.  I called a couple weeks ago just researching the pricing of having George fitted for the interchangeable feet.  I was told that their schedule is getting very full very fast with shows as well as work/spa appointment.  Amy said that a couple months away are even getting full.  So I just encourage you to check to see if your trips mesh with APQS' schedule.

Archived