Marshall Dry Goods - Have You Ordered From Them?

Does anyone here buy from Marshall Dry Goods wholesale?

I currently use Quilter's Dream batting which I love - but a lot of my customers really like Hobbs 80/20.  I don't want to get tied into Checker because then I pretty much will be stuck buying everything from them to meet their minimums...and ordering directly from Hobbs there's a $300 minimum.  Just want to order a roll or two at a time every now and again and I see Marshall's offers it for a good price.

Can anyone here share their experience?  Also - minimum order requirements?  I will give them a call in the morning, but I thought I might get an answer here faster!  LOL!  :)  Thanks!

Edited to Add - I actually went back and checked Hobbs website, so for anyone reading in the future I was wrong, it's not a $300 minimum it's a four roll minimum!  :)

Valerie, have you compared the Hobbs wholesale prices with Quilted Memories prices? Here's her link. It's where I've been getting my Hobbs 80/20 on a roll. It includes free shipping. I'm not sure how they compare price-wise but I hear it is close!

http://www.quiltedmemoriesllc.com/shop/product/hobbs-heirloom-80-20-cotton-poly-blend-natural/

I live 125 miles from Marshalls and have been there several times. I believe they are a reputable business and occasionally see their name on bolt ends in quilt shops. They carry some name brand fabrics and have their own line that I think is not as good as quilt shop quality. They have backings also.

I get my Hobbs batting from Lyn at Quilted Memories and she has good prices and quick shipping.

I will have to check out Quilted Memories again!!  Thank you Bonnie!  I did find them on the web but I don't think it listed shipping...if the shipping is free then I'm placing an order in the morning!!!  Accomplish Quilting sells it wholesale for $115 - but I don't know what the shipping will be.  Yay!!  You guys are SO WONDERFUL!!!  :)

You do realize that the minimum order for Checker, after the initial order, is only $150 each time for long arm quilters?  I've never had a problem meeting that minimum.  A roll of batting and something else I just can't live without, and I'm there.  Also, for the last two years in December, Checker ships rolls of batting for free.  It's worth the wait every single time!

Thanks guys!!  I am going to place an order with Quilted Memories for batting (I ended up getting a couple custom quilt jobs lined up so I ordered a ton of thread yesterday!  LOL!) - $137 is good and knowing so many have had good experiences there I'm glad to give them the business!  Thank you so much!!

Linda!  :)  Yes I know that Checker is $150 minimum after the initial $300 but they also have a yearly $1500 minimum to keep the account open...which is fine if you spend more than that but I like the freedom of buying $50 here and there...I also like to experiment with thread and some of my favorites they don't carry, so I couldn't meet their minimums and still have the freedom to play around...my business doesn't generate that kind of money...YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But thank you!!  :)

Archived