Vintage Tin embroidered quilt

This is another Crabapple Hill design embroidered by a customer for her DH, who restores old cars. It's called Vintage Tin. She customized the designs to reflect local scenes with a map of our area, her hubby's Impala and Chevy truck, their license plates, "Old 99" instead of Rt. 66, and her hubby's initials on the gas station. It was great fun to stitch on and she was thrilled with how it came out. Quote:"When I dropped it off it was flat and now it's so much better!"

I love my customers!

Flickr link    http://www.flickr.com/photos/larech/12231542505/

Arrow left for details and click two times for full screen. Thanks for looking.

Very Nice!!!  Hard to see really close up but what did you do for the backgrounds in the blocks that don't have lines for the ground?  Was it a tiny stipple?  I have Calenda Patterdrip's next up on my frame and am thinking about all I can do with that one…(always looking for ideas you know!)  I have a customer that sends me lots of Crabapple Hill embroidered quilts.

I'll bet your customer was very pleased!!!

Thanks everyone!

The background quilting designs were a small stipple for a couple of them and straight horizontal lines for a couple.

The designs are transferred to whatever background you care to use. This one was white fabric and most of my customers will use a double layer to cancel any shadow-through of jump threads and knots on the back.  I've had cream backgrounds, mottled creams, white on white, and a pale batik in the embroidered quilts I've taken in. The designs are transferred with a light box and a brown Pigma pen. The thread in this one is a variegated black/ dark brown/ medium brown. 

I love these Crabtree patterns and they always put the " I want to do that too! " bug in me, but really my plate is quite full enough. I love the little personal things your customer did for her husband!

And Linda, your quilting really does take the quilt to a new fantastic level!

Well, I meant Crabapple Hill but it came out Crabtree!!!

Archived