Kitty Quilt Finished!

pumpkinpatchquilter

I just finished this kitty quilt I posted yesterday - I am seriously thrilled with how it came out!!!

12241866245_069f46cfb5.jpg
DSCN4764 by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

12242437446_5b63428d17.jpg
DSCN4762 by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

12241869535_64a69ff722.jpg
DSCN4773 by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

12242446526_396377be71.jpg
DSCN4771 by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

12242451726_02c8916729.jpg
DSCN4767 by Valerie/Pumpkin Patch Quilter, on Flickr

Valerie, seriously, wasn't it just a short year ago that you were so afraid you had made a big mistake buying a Longarm!?!

This is an adorable quit and you did such a great job quilting it -I love all the textures you brought to it. Your quilting is really amazing!!

Cindy and Cathy - YES!  I have had my long arm just over a year (like - a coupla days over a year!) and I still can't believe I am able to do some of the things I'm doing now!  :)  I have grown leaps and bounds - and not only in design, I truly feel like the quality of work has improved so very much since the beginning too.

I was SO scared when I first brought the machine home that I had made a very expensive mistake.  Maybe I should have bought a sit down.  But thank goodness I stuck with it.  I don't think I had a realistic idea HOW different it would be from free motion quilting.  I was decent at free motion before - but even long arming has helped me with my free motion too.  So I can go back and forth and do much more accurate intricate work than I ever did before.

Thank you all!!  ;)

Congratulations on a job that's Very Well and disigned to compliment the piecing.

I'd like to have it also... tell your customer that!   You have grown leaps and bounds.

Three of us on here at one time bought an off brand stretched machine..  Heidi M was

afraid to even touch it.  I talked her thru her fear, or encouraged her enough to start,

and look now.  She could easily be a world known quilter, by entering shows.. and

being in magazines.

Beautiful job all the way!

Rita

Archived