new pantograph problem

JeannieB

I purchased a new pantograph from a company ive purchased from before (a well known company). I imported the panto into QP as a qli file. I reduced the recommend size from 18x18" to 11.2x11.25" to do 4 repeats across and 5 rows down. However, on the 4th repeat on the 1st row, the pattern stitches back over itself about 1/2"... Ive restarted the 4th repeat from various places on the 3rd repeat three different times and the pattern does the same thing over and over. The baseballs are perfect up to this repeat. QP has been fine on 3 other pantos ive done today. Is there something wrong with the pattern/repeat? Any ideas what to try to fix it?

post-10740-0-48898400-1391388698_thumb.jpg

You might see it do something weird in Optimize in that same panto spot. If so, somehow some segments might have not reduced equally and may have issues. Try going back to your original file and check it in Optimize.

There is a lock icon in the Design Pattern Size.

Select all with the Select button. Hit Size button. Click the lock icon there. That will make the height and width stay true. If you don't want that keep the lock icon open. Looks like you went from 18" to 11.25" square. Set your Step to Jumbo. And with lock on. Hit the icon for smaller (a green box with less than arrows pointed inward) until you get it the size you need. Optimize it to check it . Save file at smaller size and use it to design your panto for you quilt.

Archived