How to control colors in a Jelly Roll Quilt?

For me, I would have to open the roll all the way, lay each color/print out side by side, then arrange them with light on one side and dark on the other.  I don't try to lay them out in values at first.  I use my red and green view finder to determine light to dark, and rearrange as needed.

Makes life a lot easier for me, than to try to lay out in values as I go. 

Hopeing you find an easy way for you to do it.  ;)

Rita

ummm....I would figure out how wide the quilt was to be....then....I would lay the strips out in the order I want them....stitch them together end to end like you would in a jelly roll race quilt....then...deviate....just cut the one very long strip into  smaller strips the width you want the quilt........just arrange and stitch the rows together in order...not a race...but we all know who won the race between the turtle and the rabbit   :)  Lin.

Thank you ladies.  The rainbow effect came out perfect but it was a lot work crawling around on the floor  .... it's my favorite quilt on my bed at the moment.  I agree sometimes the jelly roll technique doesn't come out .... they do make nice charity quilts.  Thanks again.

Archived