Entangled Panto 9inch Jodi Beamish (spider web)

I am getting ready to use this panto called Entangled ...it is a spider web design...it has numbers and arrows that should help with the path and I thought it was straightforward until I went to use it. I can't for the life of me figure out the continuous path...if anyone here has used it and can help me I would very much appreciate it...

Here is a pic of it...along with a close up of the numbering and the arrows...

post-6000-0-47368600-1392401374_thumb.jpg

post-6000-0-71906300-1392401484_thumb.jpg

Here goes--

1--goes into the center. 

2-to the far outside , curve along the outside of the web, and back into the center for 3

4-to the far outside and continue at the angle to make the entire spiral all the around to the 5 at the center.

6-out and catch the outside of the web, then 7 back to the center.

8-out, catch the outside, and back on 9 to the center.

10 out and continue to the next motif so it's now the new "1".

It's hard to tell if that's completely correct since the two photos don't exactly match.

It looks confusing to quilt but maybe after stitching a few it would become easier.

Looks like you quilt all of the spines in and out first, then on the last spine, you quilt to the center and then basically quilt yourself back out to the end of the spine in a spiral sequence.

practice drawing it out on a white board or scrap paper before attempting to quilt.  Then draw arrows on the pantograph that show you the direction.

Thank you ladies...I have been practicing since my first email...I was going wrong at number 4 ...Linda, I was not doing the spiral from here...I was trying to do it clockwise from 5...and it looks like you quilt it counter clockwise....and end up at 5... Then do 6 7 8 9 and 10...any way you quilt it I don't think I am going to be happy with it because it is really hard to math up the spine lines exactly with then spiral lines...and if you don't it looks awful...I have to do a perfect job because this quilt will be photographed as the quilt maker has made a pattern for it she intends to sell...

Bonnie,

Thanks, I will try that...I tried a bunch of different ways...This one is awful....I am going to try tomorrow again and then if I am not happy with it I may just ask the customer if I can sketch my own out...they will look better for sure than what I am getting from the back...I will check out Gossamer...

Tella

Tella, I think you'd be happy with gossamer. It's easy to stitch out, and you get a fun rhythm going. It's forgiving too. Entangled looks like I'd have problems getting it all to look tidy, but I do think you might be able to modify it a bit and 86 those "triangles' or change it up a bit so it has less intersections that need to line up, if you know what I mean. Let us know what you end up doing! And congrats on quilting for a pattern maker!!

P.s. I have a couple of pics on my blog w gossamer quilted out. I think I've done six quilts with it just since September!

I just wanted to let you know what I did with Entangled...I emailed the company and the response I got was that it is a very difficult pattern to do ...I am definitely not happy with how it quilts from the back....

I tried a couple of things...I copied ths pattern to tracing paper...not happy with this either...paper difficult to remove...not supposed to be...

So I took a plastic template sheet and traced the pattern....put a huge needle in my sewing machine and sewed over the lines ...no thread...used this and pounced the design on with chalk..with this particular design it worked....

Just a little extra work with marking the quilt but well worth it and then I actually save time in the quilting because quilting from the front is so much faster...I don't follow the order in the pattern...I quilted the triangles first,go to centre,then add the web circles...

Thanks for all your help...your advice got the ideas going and is is working out. I have two rows quilted...and it has to be done by next a Thurs...so I am good...

Archived